Formula One: Champion Vettel slams double points plan
Berlin: Four-time world champion Sebastian Vettel has slammed approved Formula One rule changes for next season, which includes doubling the points awarded for the last race of the season.
"This is absurd and punishes those who have worked hard for a whole season," the 26-year-old German Red Bull driver told German magazine Sports Bild.
"Imagine that on the last weekend of the Bundesliga season, they suddenly double the points.
"I value the old traditions in Formula One and I don`t understand this new rule."
Motorsports` world governing-body FIA brought in a series of new reforms during a meeting of the F1 Strategy Group and Formula One Commission in Paris on Monday.
They included doubling the number of points in the world drivers` championships for the season`s final race, meaning the winner would get 50 points.
Vettel was crowned world champion for the fourth successive year this season, winning 13 of the 19 races including nine in succession.
He took the world drivers` championships with a 145-point lead with 25 points being awarded for a victory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- There has been no development in West Bengal, only TMC syndicate rules: Rahul Gandhi
- 67 properties of Sahara up for sale, process to start next week: SEBI to SC
- North Korea sets party congress date amid nuclear test fears
- AgustaWestland scam: Manmohan Singh dismisses BJP's charge
- Eww! Nargis Fakhri's reaction to lip-lock with Emraan Hashmi is shocking