Home of British GP Silverstone set to be sold for just 10 mln-pounds
London: Silverstone, the historic race track, which hosts the Formula One British Grand Prix, is to be sold for little more than 10 million pounds.
According to The Independent, the British Racing Drivers Club (BRDC), a group of more than 800 senior motorsport figures currently including the F1 stars Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton, ultimately owns the Silverstone track.
It now wants to distance itself from the track, which made a 3.3 million-pound net loss last year, the report said.
Although the identity of Silverstone`s new owner has not been revealed, it is understood it wants to retain the existing circuit management, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!