Lotus` Pastor Maldonado crashes car during Chinese GP practice
London: Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado reportedly had a bad day during Friday`s practice at the Chinese Grand Prix, spinning his car and then crashing in the pit lane.
Mercedes` Lewis Hamilton set the pace on Friday at the Shanghai International Circuit by beating Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso by 0.141 seconds despite a `suspension` issue.
According to the BBC, although Lotus showed encouraging signs during the practice run on Friday, however Venezuelan Maldonado had a number of off-track moments in the first session and then crashed on his way into the pits early in the second session.
Lotus` car has a revised floor, new front wing and an update on the Renault engine, which like the Ferrari turbo is lagging behind Mercedes on power so far this season, and it appeared to make a substantial difference, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader