Lotus` Pastor Maldonado crashes car during Chinese GP practice
London: Lotus driver Pastor Maldonado reportedly had a bad day during Friday`s practice at the Chinese Grand Prix, spinning his car and then crashing in the pit lane.
Mercedes` Lewis Hamilton set the pace on Friday at the Shanghai International Circuit by beating Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso by 0.141 seconds despite a `suspension` issue.
According to the BBC, although Lotus showed encouraging signs during the practice run on Friday, however Venezuelan Maldonado had a number of off-track moments in the first session and then crashed on his way into the pits early in the second session.
Lotus` car has a revised floor, new front wing and an update on the Renault engine, which like the Ferrari turbo is lagging behind Mercedes on power so far this season, and it appeared to make a substantial difference, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note