Nico Rosberg on pole for Chinese Grand Prix
Shanghai: Mercedes driver Nico Rosberg claimed the first Formula One pole position of his career Saturday, topping qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix.
McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton finished second in qualifying, but will have to start Sunday`s race from seventh due to a five-place grid penalty for changing his gearbox.
Michael Schumacher qualified third and will start beside his Mercedes teammate on the front row due to Hamilton`s penalty.
Sauber`s Kamui Kobayashi was an impressive fourth, followed by Kimi Raikkonen of Lotus, Jenson Button of McLaren, Mark Webber of Red Bull and Sergio Perez of Sauber.
World champion Sebastian Vettel of Red Bull was knocked out in the second session, missing the top 10 by five hundredeths of a second and qualifying 11th.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Revealed: How Pakistan's ISI spy racket operated in India