No Force India driver in top-10 in qualifying for Chinese GP
Shanghai: Both the Sahara Force India drivers missed out on Q3 of the qualifying for the Chinese Grand Prix as Paul di Resta will begin the race from 11th place while Adrian Sutil from 13th, here.
Di Resta marginally improved his timing in Q2 but his best lap of 1:36.287 could not get him into top-10 shootout.
Sutil also improved on his Q1 timing, but his fastest lap in 1:36.405 was good enough for 13th spot on grid.
Lewis Hamilton won his first pole position with Mercedes and joining him in the front row was Kimi Raikkonen in his Lotus.
Di Resta said his position on the grid was not bad and scoring point was a good possibility.
"I think P11 is a reasonable result considering the difficulties we had during final practice where our performance level dropped away. The changes we made ahead of qualifying improved things and in the end I just missed out on making Q3.
"I don`t think that will make much difference tomorrow because it?s going to be a race all about making the tyres last," the Scot said.
Sutil said he expected a better qualifying but some things did not work for him.
"...For whatever reason the warmer conditions during qualifying did not work to our advantage. There was no major problem with the car and I felt happy with the balance, but I lost some performance during qualifying and didn’t have the grip to go any faster.
"The positive is that I’m able to choose my starting tyres [for] tomorrow and I have all new sets available for the race, which should allow us to target some points in the race," he said.
Force India had returned empty-handed from the last race in Malaysia due to wheel-nut issue in the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured