Resta finishes creditable 6th, earns 8 points for Force India
Manama: Paul di Resta delivered his best result of the 2012 season by earning eight points for Sahara Force India with a sixth place finish while Nico Hulkenberg ended 12th at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday.
Resta, who had started ninth on the grid, beat the likes of Ferrari`s Fernando Alonso (7th), McLaren`s Lewis Hamilton (8th), Alonso`s teammate Felipe Massa (9th) and the legendary Michael Schumacher (10th).
Schumacher, though, did extremely well to be in top-10 as he had dropped to 18th on the grid after being handed a five grid place penalty for an unscheduled gearbox change.
Before Sunday’s race, a seventh-place finish at the Malaysian Grand Prix was Resta`s best show in the current season.
Now the Briton has been among points thrice in four races so far this year. He had missed out on points at the last week`s Chinese Grand Prix.
Nico had started 13th on the grid and did well to gain one position.
Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel finally won the first race of the season from pole position, holding off the Lotus duo of Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean.
India`s Narain Karthikeyan also recorded his best result as he finished 21st, just behind Hispania teammate Pedro de la Rosa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack