Rosberg claims pole, Sutil to start 8th at Monaco GP
Zee Media Bureau
Monte Carlo: Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg claimed pole position for Sunday’s 71st Monaco Grand Prix by beating Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton.
This is Rosberg`s third successive pole, the fourth consecutive for the team and the fourth of his career.
Force India`s Adrian Sutil will start eighth at the grid while his teammate Paul di Resta will take the 17th slot.
The top-10 grid position gives the German driver a chance to earn some points for the team at Circuit de Monaco.
Di Resta was unlucky because of an apparent team error as the Scot found himself on the wrong tyres, and was the first driver to fail to make it through to Q2.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest