Schumacher receiving muscle training to stop body seizing up in coma
London: Formula One champion Michael Schumacher is reportedly undergoing muscle training to avoid his body seizing up in coma.
The former racer has entered a fifth week in an artificial coma in a French hospital since hitting his head on a rock while skiing in the French Alps.
According to Mirror, Schumacher is said to be in a stable condition but there are no plans to wake him yet.
Emergency medicine expert Prof Heinzpeter Moecke said that patients in comas need limbs and joints moved daily to ensure muscles do not atrophy.
The report said that there is fear amongst doctors that Schumacher could be left in a permanent vegetative state when woken up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- A much needed break! PM Modi spends some moments of solitude with a boat ride in Varanasi – Watch
- ISIS makes Indian terrorist its poster boy in new video to lure youth from country
- Russian GP: Nico Rosberg wins seventh race in succession as Lewis Hamilton recovers to second spot
- No need for cash; pay through mobile phone at Café Coffee Day now
- VVIP chopper scam: RSS mouthpiece dares Congress to reveal who's 'Signora Gandhi' mentioned in Italian court