Schumacher receiving muscle training to stop body seizing up in coma
London: Formula One champion Michael Schumacher is reportedly undergoing muscle training to avoid his body seizing up in coma.
The former racer has entered a fifth week in an artificial coma in a French hospital since hitting his head on a rock while skiing in the French Alps.
According to Mirror, Schumacher is said to be in a stable condition but there are no plans to wake him yet.
Emergency medicine expert Prof Heinzpeter Moecke said that patients in comas need limbs and joints moved daily to ensure muscles do not atrophy.
The report said that there is fear amongst doctors that Schumacher could be left in a permanent vegetative state when woken up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'