Sebastian Vettel wins Japanese GP, closes gap on leader Alonso
Suzuka (Japan): Red Bull’s Sebastian Vettel won the Japanese Grand Prix from pole on Sunday to close within four points of the Formula One championship leader Fernando Alonso who crashed out of the race at the first turn.
This is Vettel’s third win of the current season.
Vettel, who also won the previous race in Singapore, is within sight of a third straight title, with five races to go. Alonso`s Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa was second, 20.6 seconds behind Vettel for his first podium finish since Korea in 2010.
Sauber`s Kamui Kobayashi took third place for his first-ever podium finish and become the first Japanese driver on a podium here since 1990.
The race got off to a tumultuous start with a series of collisions in the first corner sequence, ending Alonso`s race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof