Suspected thief of Michael Schumacher`s medical files found dead in police cell
Zurich: A man suspected of leaking Michael Schumacher`s medical files was found hanged in his police cell on Wednesday, Zurich`s cantonal prosecutor said in a statement.
The man, who was not named but described as a manager at Swiss helicopter company Rega, was arrested on Tuesday in connection with violating patient privacy and medical secrecy.
The cantonal prosecutor said it had found no indication that a third party was involved in the death of the man.
Schumacher, who suffered severe head injuries in a ski accident in the French Alps last year, was transferred under a pseudonym from Grenoble hospital to University Hospital of Lausanne (CHUV) on June 16 after emerging from a coma.
The 45-year-old German was taken by ambulance but Rega was also contacted when helicopter transport was being considered.
The French daily "Le Dauphine Libere" reported in early July that leaked documents being offered to European media for some 60,000 Swiss francs ($67,200) appeared to have come from the IP address of a computer at a Zurich-based helicopter company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees