Sutil crash brings out safety car
New York: The United States Grand Prix was flagged to run behind a Safety Car on the opening lap on Sunday after a major collision involving German driver Adrian Sutil.
Sutil`s Force India car was involved in a collision with the Williams car of Pastor Maldonado and hit the barriers heavily in an impact that damaged all four wheels.
Both men were unhurt and Sutil was fit enough to climb out of his car unaided.
The race started in heat-wave conditions at the Circuit of the Americas. The air temperature rose to 30 degrees and the track temperature was touching 40 degrees.
Newly-crowned four times world champion Sebastian Vettel led from pole position into an early lead ahead of Romain Grosjean of Lotus and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video