Sutil crash brings out safety car
New York: The United States Grand Prix was flagged to run behind a Safety Car on the opening lap on Sunday after a major collision involving German driver Adrian Sutil.
Sutil`s Force India car was involved in a collision with the Williams car of Pastor Maldonado and hit the barriers heavily in an impact that damaged all four wheels.
Both men were unhurt and Sutil was fit enough to climb out of his car unaided.
The race started in heat-wave conditions at the Circuit of the Americas. The air temperature rose to 30 degrees and the track temperature was touching 40 degrees.
Newly-crowned four times world champion Sebastian Vettel led from pole position into an early lead ahead of Romain Grosjean of Lotus and Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA