Kumble case adjourned to next week
Bangalore): The Karnataka High Court today adjourned to next week a petition seeking action by passport authorities against former cricketer Anil Kumble for allegedly impersonating as his step daughter`s bilogical father and signing a passport renewal application.
Justice Mohana Shantana Goudar adjourned the petition to next week after passport authorities filed their statement of objections to the petition.
On May 10, the High Court had ordered issue of notice to the Regional Passport Officer (RPO) and directed him to preserve the documents relating to the passport renewal application of Kumble`s step daughter Aaruni.
Petitioner Kumar Jagirdar, Aaruni`s biological father, had not only sought action against Kumble for alleged violation of the Passport Act, but also a direction to the authorities "not to destroy the passport renewal application and the related documents which is material evidence against the accused".
Aaruni is the daughter of Jagirdar and his earlier wife Chetana, who is now married to Kumble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan