Kumble case adjourned to next week
Bangalore): The Karnataka High Court today adjourned to next week a petition seeking action by passport authorities against former cricketer Anil Kumble for allegedly impersonating as his step daughter`s bilogical father and signing a passport renewal application.
Justice Mohana Shantana Goudar adjourned the petition to next week after passport authorities filed their statement of objections to the petition.
On May 10, the High Court had ordered issue of notice to the Regional Passport Officer (RPO) and directed him to preserve the documents relating to the passport renewal application of Kumble`s step daughter Aaruni.
Petitioner Kumar Jagirdar, Aaruni`s biological father, had not only sought action against Kumble for alleged violation of the Passport Act, but also a direction to the authorities "not to destroy the passport renewal application and the related documents which is material evidence against the accused".
Aaruni is the daughter of Jagirdar and his earlier wife Chetana, who is now married to Kumble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers