Kumble case adjourned to next week
Bangalore): The Karnataka High Court today adjourned to next week a petition seeking action by passport authorities against former cricketer Anil Kumble for allegedly impersonating as his step daughter`s bilogical father and signing a passport renewal application.
Justice Mohana Shantana Goudar adjourned the petition to next week after passport authorities filed their statement of objections to the petition.
On May 10, the High Court had ordered issue of notice to the Regional Passport Officer (RPO) and directed him to preserve the documents relating to the passport renewal application of Kumble`s step daughter Aaruni.
Petitioner Kumar Jagirdar, Aaruni`s biological father, had not only sought action against Kumble for alleged violation of the Passport Act, but also a direction to the authorities "not to destroy the passport renewal application and the related documents which is material evidence against the accused".
Aaruni is the daughter of Jagirdar and his earlier wife Chetana, who is now married to Kumble.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley