Murray sends Britain to Davis Cup World Group
Umag: Andy Murray secured Britain`s return to the Davis Cup World Group after a five-year absence when he defeated Croatia`s Ivan Dodig 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 in a playoff rubber at Umag on Sunday.
That made the match score 3-1 in Britain`s favour with just the second of the reverse singles to follow.
Wimbledon and Olympic champion Murray won his opening singles on Friday and teamed up with Colin Fleming to win the doubles on Saturday.
Dodig, who beat Dan Evans in straight sets on Friday, put up some resistance early on but tired badly in the second set and Murray coasted away to clinch the win that puts Britain back among the elite of world tennis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read