Murray sends Britain to Davis Cup World Group
Umag: Andy Murray secured Britain`s return to the Davis Cup World Group after a five-year absence when he defeated Croatia`s Ivan Dodig 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 in a playoff rubber at Umag on Sunday.
That made the match score 3-1 in Britain`s favour with just the second of the reverse singles to follow.
Wimbledon and Olympic champion Murray won his opening singles on Friday and teamed up with Colin Fleming to win the doubles on Saturday.
Dodig, who beat Dan Evans in straight sets on Friday, put up some resistance early on but tired badly in the second set and Murray coasted away to clinch the win that puts Britain back among the elite of world tennis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- HORRIFIC! Man kills wife, her 3 daughters, lives with their bodies for two days in Chennai
- Dolled up in pastel! Aditi Rao Hydari puts her best foot forward at IIFA 2016
- Salman Khan to endorse a line of langots to promote 'Sultan' – Details inside
- Texas mother fatally shoots 2 daughters; police kill her
- Brexit, a sign of anti-elite revolt: analysts