Murray sends Britain to Davis Cup World Group
Umag: Andy Murray secured Britain`s return to the Davis Cup World Group after a five-year absence when he defeated Croatia`s Ivan Dodig 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 in a playoff rubber at Umag on Sunday.
That made the match score 3-1 in Britain`s favour with just the second of the reverse singles to follow.
Wimbledon and Olympic champion Murray won his opening singles on Friday and teamed up with Colin Fleming to win the doubles on Saturday.
Dodig, who beat Dan Evans in straight sets on Friday, put up some resistance early on but tired badly in the second set and Murray coasted away to clinch the win that puts Britain back among the elite of world tennis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!