Murray sends Britain to Davis Cup World Group
Umag: Andy Murray secured Britain`s return to the Davis Cup World Group after a five-year absence when he defeated Croatia`s Ivan Dodig 6-4, 6-2, 6-4 in a playoff rubber at Umag on Sunday.
That made the match score 3-1 in Britain`s favour with just the second of the reverse singles to follow.
Wimbledon and Olympic champion Murray won his opening singles on Friday and teamed up with Colin Fleming to win the doubles on Saturday.
Dodig, who beat Dan Evans in straight sets on Friday, put up some resistance early on but tired badly in the second set and Murray coasted away to clinch the win that puts Britain back among the elite of world tennis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP