The Delhi Police on Tuesday registered a case against Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) chief Swati Maliwal for allegedly revealing the identity of a 14-year-old Dalit rape victim. Maliwal responded by saying she is a revolutionary and not scared of any FIR.
The AAP on Tuesday termed the charge of alcoholism against its MP Bhagwant Mann "baseless" and demanded the Parliament should have a system wherein lawmakers could be checked if they are drunk before they enter the complex.
The city's auto and taxi unions on Tuesday went on an indefinite strike against app-based taxi services, causing hardship to thousands of commuters, even as the AAP government called the protest "BJP-sponsored".
Heavy rains lashed parts of the national capital providing some relief to Delhiites even as the downpour triggered traffic snarls in various intersections and busy roundabouts in the city.
New Delhi, July 26 (IANS) A court here on Tuesday granted bail to Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's former Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar, who was arrested on July 4 on charge of involveme
A special court on Monday sought CBI's reply on the bail plea of an accused, arrested in a corruption case involving Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's former Principal Secretary Rajendra Kumar.
In a major development in Quran desecration case, AAP MLA Naresh Yadav has been sent to two day police custody by Malerkotla court of Punjab.
An elderly woman was found murdered in her house here on Sunday and an amount of cash and jewellery missing, police said.
The Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday demanded the Election Commission's intervention to derecognise the Aam Aadmi Party after the suicide by an AAP woman worker who had claimed sexual harassment by a party colleague.
BJP and Congress on Thursday joined hands to demand derecognition of Aam Aadmi Party by the Election Commission over using the image of the Golden Temple on its youth manifesto and the recent case of suicide of by its woman activist over an alleged case of sexual exploitation.
India's membership continues to be under consideration of the NSG and government was engaging with all members of the 48-nation grouping for an early decision on country's application, Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh said on Thursday.
The government on Thursday said the recent incidents of violence against Africans in the country were not racial in nature and that it is taking steps to ensure the safety of African students in India.
"Gau raksha jaruri hai (cow protection is necessary) but who will save humans," newly inducted Union Minister and dalit leader Ramdas Athawale said on Thursday, asserting that incidents like the attack on dalits in Gujarat should not be be allowed to recur.
A woman Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) worker committed suicide after a party member, who she accused of sexually harassing her, was released on bail. Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has ordered a magisterial probe into the matter.
The Supreme court on Wednesday agreed to give an urgent hearing to a fresh plea of an alleged rape victim challenging provisions of abortion law which prohibits termination of pregnancy after 20 weeks even if there was a fatal risk to the mother and the foetus.
Biju Janata Dal (BJD) members on Wednesday demanded that the central government should take steps to stop construction of a barrage by BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh government on the Mahanadi river, and said the state of Odisha is "shocked" by the development.
CPI(M) condemns the attacks on Dalits in Gujarat and demanded the state govt to ban the activities of the cow protection committees.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought response of the Ministry of Law and Justice on a plea which claimed that "inconsistency" has crept in through the amended rape law which protects a husband from prosecution for the offence of unnatural sex with his wife.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at the Narendra Modi government over price rise, unemployment, FDI, recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission and questioned the GDP figures.
Security at airports across the country has been beefed up in the wake of Istanbul terror attack, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
The Crime Branch sleuths may arrest two or three more persons in the alleged call detail recordings (CDR) racket, which it busted after arresting four persons.
All Gram Panchayats in the country will be connected through Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) to set up a network infrastructure by December 2018 under the government's Digital India Programme, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Hundreds of Congress supporters and leaders on Wednesday protested here against the hike in the rates of essential commodities and slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not fulfilling the promises he had made to the people before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
With the ambiguity over former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu`s decision to quit the BJP and join the AAP continuing for the third consecutive day, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday said that they were in touch with the former Rajya Sabha MP, but the date of him joining them was yet to be decided.
Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday alleged that a few Chief Ministers, including him, were not allowed to carry mobile phones to the Inter-State Council meet and that he raised the issue with Prime Minister Narendra Modi wondering whether they posed a "security threat".
In a fresh development involving the students related to the controversial February 9 event on the university campus, the JNU administration has blocked their registration for the next semester.
Assembly elections are scheduled to be held in Punjab in 2017.
Director General Corporate Affairs BK Bansal was nabbed from a hotel while bribe was allegedly being exchanged.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined the request by two amicus curiae - senior counsel Raju Ramachandran and Sanjay R Hegde - to withdraw from assisting the court in the hearing of the appeals by the convicts in December 16 Delhi gang rape case.
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- UP: 8 children killed as train hits school mini-bus in Bhadohi
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part-II
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part III
- Why is Sidhu evasive about joining AAP?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- Yahoo nears sale of core assets to Verizon for $5 billion: Report
- Rio Olympic Village officially opens
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Eight dead, 20 missing in Malaysia boat accident
- Sandeep Yadav – Narsingh Yadav's roommate, also fails doping test
- KSRTC, BMTC strike begins today; two-day holiday for schools declared
- Dinosaur species may shed new light on megaraptorids
- Syrian migrant killed by own bomb at German bar
- CBI court to pronounce its order on Rajendra Kumar's bail plea today
- Sanctions disrupt aid agencies in North Korea
- SHOCKING! It's hundreds of angry locals vs a sub-inspector - When public thrashed cop over death of youth - WATCH
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon
- Australia moves to indefinite detention of terrorists
- Wimbledon loss cannot overshadow the results that I`ve had in the past 15 months: Novak Djokovic
- Navjot Singh Sidhu to announce joining AAP today?