The Crime Branch of city police on Monday told the Delhi High Court that nine students, who were served notices to join the investigation related to missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed, had failed to come forward, raising doubt about their involvement.
A Central Information Commission order directing Delhi University to allow the inspection of records of all students who had passed BA examination in 1978, the year when Prime Minister Narendra Modi had also cleared it, was stayed by the Delhi High Court on Monday.
A man who allegedly made a call to missing JNU student Najeeb Ahmed's relatives demanding Rs 20 lakh ransom for his release has been arrested on Saturday, police said, even as the family denied receiving any such call.
Sisodia's comments came following a Delhi High Court order staying the operation of the city government's circular on nursery admission norms regarding private unaided minority schools
Three of the four death row convicts in the December 16 gangrape and murder case today moved Delhi High Court challenging the 10-year jail term awarded to them by a trial court in a robbery case.
Days after the Centre notified a graded response plan to counter pollution, Delhi Transport Minister Satyendar Jain said today odd-even scheme will be implemented if air pollution touches 'emergency' level in the national capital.
Two water treatment plants were shut here on Sunday due to high level of ammonia in raw water. The closure could lead to water shortage in several parts of the city.
"Don't call me a jailer" says a smiling Anju Mangla, the first woman incharge of a men's prison in high-security Tihar jail.
There seems to be no end in sight to frequent technical snags for Delhi Metro's Blue Line.
A number of users on Wednesday searched for Delhi Metro related news.
With chilly winds blowing since morning, the national capital on Tuesday shivered as it saw the season's lowest temperature with the maximum temperature settling at 17.8 degrees Celsius, two notches below the season's average, the Met office said.
In a freak accident, a 25-year-old woman was crushed to death under a DTC bus here on Tuesday after she fell from the vehicle's front door, the police said.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday opened skill development centres here and said it was aimed at developing skills of destitutes, making them employable and self-dependent.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Monday filed a complaint against Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal for allegedly violating the Model Code of Conduct in the state by asking voters to accept money offered by all political parties, but to vote for the AAP.
CBI sources said on Wednesday that they had received seven corruption / irregularities complaints against Delhi government.
Former Delhi LG Najeeb Jung had referred seven cases related to alleged corruption in AAP government to CBI.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Tuesday accused the Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government of "stalling development" in Delhi and asked the Chief Minister not to "run away" from his responsibilities.
An on-duty Delhi Police head constable on Monday shot himself dead with his service revolver inside the Supreme Court premises, the city police said.
Notwithstanding chilly weather in the national capital, hundreds of revellers, soaked in festive spirit, thronged markets, restaurants, malls and multiplexes today to usher in the New Year, even as police maintained a watchful eye to avert any untoward incident.
Former home secretary Anil Baijal was appointed Delhi's new Lieutenant Governor on Wednesday by the NDA government.
Former home secretary Anil Baijal may be appointed the new Delhi Lieutenant Governor.
Four persons have been arrested in connection with the alleged gang-rape of a US national in the national capital.
Noting that functioning of industrial units in residential areas is harmful, the National Green Tribunal has directed the Delhi government and the Delhi Pollution Control Committee to take action against all such units operating without consent.
Delhi University is likely to conduct B.Com admissions through entrance test in the new academic session.
A 17-year-old girl was shot dead allegedly by one of her male friends in southwest Delhi's Najafgarh area on December 21.
The Delhi Police on Thursday arrested a manager of a marketing company and his friend for allegedly raping a 21-year-old woman in west Delhi's Dwarka area.
The seeds of the tussle between Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, who quit on Thursday, were sown during the 49-day AAP government rule in 2013-14. Here is how the confrontation unfolded:
In a sudden move, Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung on Thursday resigned amid a protracted bitter confrontation with the AAP government.
Delhi Police conducted a massive search in JNU campus on December 20.
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Andhra Pradesh: NIA team reaches Kuneru to investigate train accident
- Jallikattu protests turn violent; Police station attacked, vehicles set on fire
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part II
- DNA: Today in history, January 23rd 2017
- Vijay Mallya loan default: CBI arrests 9, including IDBI Bank ex-chairman
- Raees promotion: Shah Rukh Khan boards train from Mumbai to Delhi
- Watch: Preparation undergoing for 68th Republic Day celebration in Delhi
- Panel discussion on the promises made in Samajwadi Party's manifesto Part III
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 sold out; here are the dates of the next sale
- Lodha vs BCCI: Adamant on age cap of 70 years, Supreme Court allows Indian board to propose three names
- Expedition 50 astronaut shares spectacular view of Budapest from space!
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Ukraine and sores of Black Sea looks spectacular from space station!
- Gang-rape in Sweden streamed live on Facebook
- Mahira Khan looks stunning in THIS white outfit!