A court here on Thursday sent, to 14 days judicial custody, Jawaharlal Nehru University student Anmol Ratan who allegedly raped a 28-year-old PhD student.
Observing that judges must not hesitate to "use the sword of justice with utmost severity" if the offences are grave in nature, a Delhi court dealing exclusively with sexual offences against women has sentenced to life a 68-year-old man for raping his step-daughter consistently over eight years and forcing her to give birth to two children.
Social activist and eminent lawyer, Abha Singh on Thursday blamed the judiciary for not providing adequate security drills to prevent Vinay Kumar, one of the accused in the Nirbhaya case, from attempting suicide in the Tihar jail.
AAP legislator Somnath Bharti on Wednesday claimed that there was an attempt to kill his Labrador pet dog which was in the news for allegedly biting the MLA's wife.
A man died and a French woman was injured in a fire that broke out in a house in south Delhi's Hauz Khas area on Wednesday, police said.
A sessions court here has acquitted a young man of a rape charge and has ordered a woman and her mother to be booked for allegedly forcing the woman's minor girl to make a false rape charge.
The admission process for the seventh list will be held from August 24, 2016.
A 28-year-old JNU PhD scholar has alleged that she was raped by an AISA activist from JNU.
Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, speaking in the Delhi legislative assembly, on Monday said the central government is trying to "destabilise" the Delhi government.
A 54-year-old Delhi Police head constable was killed when a speeding car driven by an 18-year-old rammed into his motorcycle while he was on way to work on Sunday, police said. The errant driver has been arrested.
A case has been registered and investigation is on.
Blast in a factory near Khureji area of East Delhi.
Security forces got into a flap on Tuesday after a man made a hoax call about impending bomb blasts at the Red fort and Rajghat in the national capital.
At the end of his sojourn in the hills, a "fresh and energetic" Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will be in the thick of action with ministers and officials prepared to brief him on crucial developments including the setback in the Delhi High Court.
The Delhi High Court on Thursday directed app-based taxi aggregators, including Ola and Uber, not to charge more than government-fixed rates from its passangers from August 22.
Delhi Police on Thursday prohibited the movement of sub-conventional aerial platforms like paragliders and microlights in the national capital from August 12 to October 10.
35-year-old Matibul, a security guard, who was badly injured after being hit by a tempo, died on Thursday.
The vicitim reached home at Badshahpur in Gurgaon on Monday and narrated the incident to her parents.
Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday attacked Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, saying he has no concern for the people of Delhi and is serving as the Prime Minister's political tool.
President Pranab Mukherjee will turn teacher for one day as he agreed to take a special class at a Delhi government school on Teachers' Day (September 5).
Questioning the presence of the police during the takeover of two school branches here, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Delhi government to explain the issue.
The Delhi High Court on Tuesday reserved its order on the two pleas seeking the cancellation of bail granted to JNU student leader Kanhaiya Kumar.
An MCD engineer has been booked under SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act on a complaint by Delhi Social Welfare Minister Sandeep Kumar, triggering a fresh tussle between the AAP and the BJP-ruled civic body.
Union Minister Kalraj Mishra on Sunday hit out at Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, claiming that it was a "misfortune" of Delhi that it was handed over to a person who "has nothing to do with the Constitution and law".
SDM (Civil Lines) had banned protests outside Delhi CM's residence on Flag Staff Road.
Arvind Kejriwal has banned demonstrations in front of his official residence in the national capital.
AAP MLA and a former minister, Asim Ahmed Khan on Wednesday accused Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal of trying to frame his family members in false cases and threatened to "expose" him.
Praveen was riding a motorcycle, which fell into a big pothole near Square Mall in Vasant Kunj and was ran over by a tanker.
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part III
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part IV
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part V
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- DNA: Today in History, 24th August, 2016
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Here's what Scorpene-class submarines leaked documents reveal
- Priyanka Chopra's mother not making acting debut
- Injured Jesse Ryder ends Essex stay
- After 22 months, NASA regains contact with sun-watching STEREO-B spacecraft!
- Parents, beware: Your lack of involvement might be making your child obese!
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to inaugurate BRICS meet on arbitration
- Raveena Tandon 'honoured' to receive award from Dharmendra
- Earthquake in Delhi is trending – Here's why
- Lodha Panel to have meeting on August 28
- Earthquake: What happened when tremors were felt in Patna - SEE PICS