The decision to install CCTV cameras on the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) campus has not gone down well with its students union which on Wednesday opposed the move calling it contrary to the democratic ethos of the university.
Delhi LG directs chief secretary to recover Rs 97 crore from AAP for ads projecting Arvind Kejriwal and party allegedly in violation of SC guidelines.
As many as 77 corridors in Delhi have been identified as facing severe traffic congestion, with Lt. Governor Anil Baijal on Tuesday ordering action to improve traffic flow on four to five such corridors on a pilot basis.
Yogi Adityanath will be campaigning for MCD polls.
Over 20,000 resident doctors in the national capital on Thursday went on mass casual leave in solidarity with their Maharashtra counterparts.
The date for the elections to the three municipal corporations in the national capital was today postponed by a day to April 23 in view of the CBSE board examination.
Ahead of MCD polls, a Delhi BJP delegation on Monday met State Election Commissioner SK Srivastava and sought his direction to remove the words "Aam Aadmi" from the names of the AAP government-run schemes, including mohalla clinics.
Following a brawl over parking, a 39-year-old businessman was crushed under the wheels of a car by two unidentified persons in west Delhi, police said on Thursday.
A day after a minor girl was raped in Govind Puri area of south Delhi, another similar crime was reported in Neb Sarai area on Tuesday.
An autopsy on the body of a JNU student -- who allegedly committed suicide -- was deferred to Wednesday after his parents refused to give consent and demanded the presence of a "neutral" forensic expert.
Pink, yellow, red, purple -- the vibrant colours of Holi spread joy, as young and old celebrated the festival, smearing coloured gulal on each other and exchanging sweets in the national capital on Monday.
The board examinations for class 10 and 12 students of Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) began from Thursday.
Delhi College of Arts and Commerce has cancelled a programme of BJP Rajya Sabha MP Subramanian Swamy scheduled for tomorrow, days after it had postponed an event featuring Swaraj India leader Yogendra Yadav.
In a freak incident, a pair of three-year-old twins drowned in a washing machine at their home after their mother left them playing as she stepped out briefly to purchase washing power from a nearby shop on Saturday, police said.
The Delhi Congress on Wednesday attacked the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government on the issue of regularising unauthorised colonies across the national capital, saying it has failed to regularlise even one in the past two years.
The Central Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday demanded death penalty for four policemen who were involved in a more than two-decade-old staged shootout in Bhojpur, in Ghaziabad district.
After receiving several complaints against Arvind Kejriwal-led Delhi government's 'Mohalla Clinic', the Vigilance Department has initiated an investigation to probe into the matter.
A Delhi court on Tuesday sent the accused in the Hauz Khas rape case to 14-day judicial custody.
There seems to be no end in sight to heinous crimes.
A Delhi court has acquitted an Afghan national of the charges of drug trafficking, noting that there was strong suspicion over the credibility of the evidence.
Delhi BJP in-charge Shyam Jaju on Thursday said women in the city have been the worst sufferers under the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government, as they got carried away by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s false image of "saviour".
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Thursday issued a medium danger avalanche warning around the slopes of Bandipora district of Jammu and Kashmir.The warning has been issued for twenty-four hours from February 16, 05:00 p.m. to February 17, 05:00 p.m.
Fourteen-year-old Rohit Kumar, who has been forced to stay at AIIMS for over a year for want of a portable ventilator and other related accessories after he underwent a spine surgery, can finally go home.
The Rs 12,000 crore 'Chardham' highway project in Uttarakhand will be completed by the end of 2018 irrespective of which party comes to power in the state, Union minister Nitin Gadkari has assured.
A woman from Kenya has lodged an FIR here against a Nigerian man for allegedly raping her and pushing her into prostitution, police said on Thursday.
Union Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi today attacked the Congress, saying the party is grappling with "confusion" over who its chief is and has become a "benami property" whose owner is unknown.
Tariq Ahmed Dar has been given a ten-year sentence for masterminding the 2005 Delhi serial blasts.
The government has not taken any decision on making Aadhaar mandatory for registration of patients at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
Delhi High Court today prohibited all land transactions and building activities in the area, expressing concern over the "rampant and unabated" illegal constructions in Tughlaqabad Fort despite the Supreme Court disallowing it.
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Separatists call for Kashmir bandh today
- Watch: Exclusive report on joint exercise conducted by India and Oman soldiers
- Nigerians beaten up by locals in Greater Noida
- India defeat Australia by eight wickets, reclaim Border-Gavaskar Trophy
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Delhi MCD Election: What concerns do Delhiites have in their mind?
- Public outrage after fire breaks out in Neelganga area in Ujjain, around 20 shops burnt
- DNA: Analysing the importance of an afternoon nap
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Fuming Sakshi Rawat asked if 'is there any privacy left' or not after husband MS Dhoni's private Aadhaar info leaked on Twitter
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users
- Shakti devotees Narendra Modi, Yogi Adityanath begin 9-day Chaitra Navratri fast
- Raju Srivastava replaces Sunil Grover, becomes permanent member of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- Rupee hits 17-month high; gains past 65 vs US dollar
- Have you ever seen a fish like this one? It's 20-feet long, weighs 700 kgs
- Kapil Sharma least affected by Sunil Grover’s exit?
- 'Man of action` Yogi Adityanath comes to the rescue of a woman facing torture over dowry
- Oppo sacks Chinese employee who insulted Indian flag
- BIG DEBATE - Muslims are 68% in J&K, why they are still considered minority?