The government has appointed Sahitya Akademi Award winning writer Rita Chowdhury, wife of an Assam BJP leader, as the Director of National Book Trust.
Demanding the removal of Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) chief Mukesh Kumar Meena, AAP said that if the central government and the Lt Governor interfere in their work, the party will set up several anti-corruption units here.
Sky-rocketing cut-offs is not the only hassle for those aspiring to study at Delhi University, but also the shortage of hostel seats which has the students scrambling for private facilities.
A former Delhi Police constable, who tried to take benefit of the Centre's May 21 notification on jurisdiction of ACB, was unsuccessful in his efforts after Delhi High Court rejected his appeal against his conviction in a graft case, the second such case in less than a week.
The admission process for the prestigious Delhi University began on Thursday. Around 54,000 seats are up for grab this year.
South Delhi Municipal Corporation has begun work on removing illegal hoardings and advertisements to curb defacement of the city.
Delhi Jal Board (DJB) today approved proposals of several projects including setting up of 31 new sewage treatment plants (STPs), 27 sewage pumping stations and laying of 600 km of sewers.
Three Manipuri youths, one of them a minor, were arrested by Delhi police today at around 3 am for illegally entering the campus of Mount Carmel School in Anand Niketan south Delhi with the alleged intention of committing burglary and vandalising the institute.
Delhi University admission process began on Thursday and students from all over India started applying for their favourite colleges and courses.
Here are the top joints in and around Delhi University campuses where you can have some of the best foods.
Water supply will be affected in various areas of the national capital tomorrow as a major water pipeline burst near Kashmere Gate ISBT.
Refuting allegations of her favouring power companies and tricking the government, Principal Secretary Shakuntala Gamlin has written to Delhi Lt Governor Najeeb Jung clarifying her stand over the charges levelled against her by the AAP government.
Traders and street vendors at Connaught Place today complained that the open Cabinet meeting held by the AAP government at Central Park to mark its 100 days in power affected their business during peak shopping hours.
To discuss the issue of unscheduled power cuts in the city, Delhi power minister Satyendra Jain today held a meeting with the three power distribution companies here.
Delhi Chief Secretary KK Sharma Monday rejoined duties upon his return from a 10-day leave during which Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Lt Governor Najeeb Jung found themselves locked in a face-off over the appointment of an acting chief secretary.
The Delhi High Court Thursday stayed the trial court proceedings against MNS chief Raj Thackeray in various cases lodged against him for allegedly making anti-Bihari remarks in 2008.
A 46-year-old Meteorological department official was charred to death when his residence in south Delhi's Safdurjung Enclave caught fire here on Friday evening.
NDMC has asked Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for immediate release of compensation of Rs 50,000 per hectare for farmers of Delhi who have suffered losses due to crop damage caused by unseasonal rains.
In yet another incident of road rage, a group of drunken men allegedly assaulted members of a family after a verbal spat ensued between the two sides in west Delhi's Uttam Nagar, police said today.
With the national capital reeling under back-to-back tremors due to earthquakes in Nepal, the South Delhi Municipal Corporation is stepping up its disaster preparedness.
BJP continued its triumph in the mayoral polls as the ruling party's candidate Harshdeep Malhotra today defeated Congress rival Rekha Rani by a margin of 17 votes to be elected the mayor of East Delhi.
Accusing the AAP government of indulging in "political corruption", Delhi BJP on Friday demanded Lt Governor Najeeb Jung to initiate an enquiry into the working of Delhi Dialogue Commission.
The Delhi government has sought suggestions from its Law Department on the possible ways and methods for blocking US-based cab service Uber's app and website in the national capital.
In yet another incident which raises serious concerns over safety of institutions linked to the minorities, a Christian school located in south Delhi's Vasant Vihar was allegedly vandalised by some unknown persons late on Thursday.
A Delhi court has upheld a three-month jail term for two men who were convicted for injuring and threatening a bus driver here in an over a decade-old-case, saying such "hooliganism" should be strongly deterred.
Aam Aadmi Party's stupendous win in Delhi is a victory of "anti-BJPism", RSS ideologue M G Vaidya said on Tuesday.
All the 15 candidates of the seven-party Left front lost their deposits in the Delhi Assembly elections as none of them could garner even 1,000 votes.
With BJP left badly bruised in the Delhi Assembly poll, ally Shiv Sena today added to its woes saying the outcome amounted to "defeat" for Prime Minister Narendra Modi and showed that tsunami is mightier than the "Modi wave".
The landslide victory of AAP in Delhi on Tuesday sent netizens into a frenzy as they flooded social networking sites with messages congratulating Arvind Kejriwal and his party.
A 23-year-old student was killed and three others were injured when a car in which they were travelling was hit by a speeding truck in Alipur area of outer Delhi this morning.
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: India commemorates its historic win against Pakistan
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Top 25 @2 pm
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'? Part-2
- Special: Know how 'The Great Khali' trains young talents at his academy
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- No large ISIS footprints but it's creeping into India: Army
- Army's capabilities have grown since Kargil war: Lt Gen Hooda
- Katrina Kaif reveals her marriage plans!
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: Manohar Parrikar, three service chiefs pay tribute at Amar Jawan Jyoti; PM expresses solidarity
- After uproar, Salman Khan tenders 'unconditional' apology for controversial Yakub Memon tweets
- Did Yakub Memon return to India on understanding with intelligence officials, asks Omar Abdullah
- 61,000 Indian millionaires shifted overseas in last 14 years: Report