The Delhi government is planning to install CCTV cameras in schools for security purposes and to keep tabs on students and teachers' activities inside the classrooms, an official said here on Monday.
The Delhi Police on Monday told the Delhi High Court that they have taken several steps to streamline the system for improving the emergency helpline number 100.
US Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in New Delhi on a wet Monday evening and there were reports that his cavalcade got stuck in a traffic jam on a road from the IGI airport to the city.
It seems Gurgaon has not learnt any lesson!
Two minor boys were apprehended on Sunday for allegedly gang-raping a minor girl for the last one month, police said.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday said that the Lt Governor has cancelled the AAP government's order to make discoms pay compensation to consumers for unscheduled power cuts, alleging that the Centre was hand-in-glove with power companies.
The Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of the Delhi government on Sunday questioned former CM Sheila Dikshit in its ongoing probe into the alleged Rs 400 crore water tanker scam.
Yoga Guru Ramdev is planning to start a world-class university in India in the next five years.
A court here on Thursday sent, to 14 days judicial custody, Jawaharlal Nehru University student Anmol Ratan who allegedly raped a 28-year-old PhD student.
Observing that judges must not hesitate to "use the sword of justice with utmost severity" if the offences are grave in nature, a Delhi court dealing exclusively with sexual offences against women has sentenced to life a 68-year-old man for raping his step-daughter consistently over eight years and forcing her to give birth to two children.
Social activist and eminent lawyer, Abha Singh on Thursday blamed the judiciary for not providing adequate security drills to prevent Vinay Kumar, one of the accused in the Nirbhaya case, from attempting suicide in the Tihar jail.
AAP legislator Somnath Bharti on Wednesday claimed that there was an attempt to kill his Labrador pet dog which was in the news for allegedly biting the MLA's wife.
A man died and a French woman was injured in a fire that broke out in a house in south Delhi's Hauz Khas area on Wednesday, police said.
A sessions court here has acquitted a young man of a rape charge and has ordered a woman and her mother to be booked for allegedly forcing the woman's minor girl to make a false rape charge.
The admission process for the seventh list will be held from August 24, 2016.
A 28-year-old JNU PhD scholar has alleged that she was raped by an AISA activist from JNU.
Delhi's Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, speaking in the Delhi legislative assembly, on Monday said the central government is trying to "destabilise" the Delhi government.
A 54-year-old Delhi Police head constable was killed when a speeding car driven by an 18-year-old rammed into his motorcycle while he was on way to work on Sunday, police said. The errant driver has been arrested.
A case has been registered and investigation is on.
Blast in a factory near Khureji area of East Delhi.
Security forces got into a flap on Tuesday after a man made a hoax call about impending bomb blasts at the Red fort and Rajghat in the national capital.
At the end of his sojourn in the hills, a "fresh and energetic" Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal will be in the thick of action with ministers and officials prepared to brief him on crucial developments including the setback in the Delhi High Court.
The Delhi High Court on Thursday directed app-based taxi aggregators, including Ola and Uber, not to charge more than government-fixed rates from its passangers from August 22.
Delhi Police on Thursday prohibited the movement of sub-conventional aerial platforms like paragliders and microlights in the national capital from August 12 to October 10.
35-year-old Matibul, a security guard, who was badly injured after being hit by a tempo, died on Thursday.
The vicitim reached home at Badshahpur in Gurgaon on Monday and narrated the incident to her parents.
Aam Aadmi Party on Wednesday attacked Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, saying he has no concern for the people of Delhi and is serving as the Prime Minister's political tool.
President Pranab Mukherjee will turn teacher for one day as he agreed to take a special class at a Delhi government school on Teachers' Day (September 5).
Questioning the presence of the police during the takeover of two school branches here, the Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the Delhi government to explain the issue.
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- DNA: Today in History | 29th August, 2016
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- Researchers find way to boost gene-editing tool efficiency
- British PM to put stamp on Brexit before G20 summit
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside
- Battles in Libya's Sirte kill 34 fighters, injure over 180
- US gives proof of Pakistan's hand in Pathankot strike
- 3rd ODI: After contributing with bat, Ben Stokes eager to bowl against Pakistan
- Foreigners should not wear skirts and roam alone at night: Tourism minister
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan spills glamour at Lakme Fashion Week 2016! – View pics