The Bharatiya Janata Party on Thursday demanded the Election Commission's intervention to derecognise the Aam Aadmi Party after the suicide by an AAP woman worker who had claimed sexual harassment by a party colleague.
BJP and Congress on Thursday joined hands to demand derecognition of Aam Aadmi Party by the Election Commission over using the image of the Golden Temple on its youth manifesto and the recent case of suicide of by its woman activist over an alleged case of sexual exploitation.
India's membership continues to be under consideration of the NSG and government was engaging with all members of the 48-nation grouping for an early decision on country's application, Minister of State for External Affairs V K Singh said on Thursday.
The government on Thursday said the recent incidents of violence against Africans in the country were not racial in nature and that it is taking steps to ensure the safety of African students in India.
"Gau raksha jaruri hai (cow protection is necessary) but who will save humans," newly inducted Union Minister and dalit leader Ramdas Athawale said on Thursday, asserting that incidents like the attack on dalits in Gujarat should not be be allowed to recur.
A woman Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) worker committed suicide after a party member, who she accused of sexually harassing her, was released on bail. Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia has ordered a magisterial probe into the matter.
The Supreme court on Wednesday agreed to give an urgent hearing to a fresh plea of an alleged rape victim challenging provisions of abortion law which prohibits termination of pregnancy after 20 weeks even if there was a fatal risk to the mother and the foetus.
Biju Janata Dal (BJD) members on Wednesday demanded that the central government should take steps to stop construction of a barrage by BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh government on the Mahanadi river, and said the state of Odisha is "shocked" by the development.
CPI(M) condemns the attacks on Dalits in Gujarat and demanded the state govt to ban the activities of the cow protection committees.
The Delhi High Court on Wednesday sought response of the Ministry of Law and Justice on a plea which claimed that "inconsistency" has crept in through the amended rape law which protects a husband from prosecution for the offence of unnatural sex with his wife.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Wednesday hit out at the Narendra Modi government over price rise, unemployment, FDI, recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission and questioned the GDP figures.
Security at airports across the country has been beefed up in the wake of Istanbul terror attack, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
The Crime Branch sleuths may arrest two or three more persons in the alleged call detail recordings (CDR) racket, which it busted after arresting four persons.
All Gram Panchayats in the country will be connected through Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) to set up a network infrastructure by December 2018 under the government's Digital India Programme, Lok Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
Hundreds of Congress supporters and leaders on Wednesday protested here against the hike in the rates of essential commodities and slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi for not fulfilling the promises he had made to the people before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
With the ambiguity over former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu`s decision to quit the BJP and join the AAP continuing for the third consecutive day, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday said that they were in touch with the former Rajya Sabha MP, but the date of him joining them was yet to be decided.
Arvind Kejriwal on Tuesday alleged that a few Chief Ministers, including him, were not allowed to carry mobile phones to the Inter-State Council meet and that he raised the issue with Prime Minister Narendra Modi wondering whether they posed a "security threat".
In a fresh development involving the students related to the controversial February 9 event on the university campus, the JNU administration has blocked their registration for the next semester.
Assembly elections are scheduled to be held in Punjab in 2017.
Director General Corporate Affairs BK Bansal was nabbed from a hotel while bribe was allegedly being exchanged.
The Supreme Court on Monday declined the request by two amicus curiae - senior counsel Raju Ramachandran and Sanjay R Hegde - to withdraw from assisting the court in the hearing of the appeals by the convicts in December 16 Delhi gang rape case.
Addressing CMs on Saturday at Inter-State Council meet, PM Modi asked states to focus on intelligence sharing.
The BJP and the Congress on Sunday criticised Delhi's Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal's maiden interactive session 'Talk to AK', terming it a marketing gimmick.
The BJP and the Congress on Sunday criticised Delhi's Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal`s maiden interactive session `Talk to AK`, terming it a marketing gimmick.
Buoyed by the restoration of its governments in Arunachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand, Congress on Sunday said it will target the Modi dispensation for "using all tricks" to destabilise opposition ruled states which no longer trusted the Centre.
The Delhi government will conduct an "opnion poll" and not a "referendum" on the issue of full statehood for the national capital and bringing subjects such as police and land under the jurisdiction of the state government, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Sunday.
Narendra Modi said political parties have spoken in one voice over the developments in Kashmir and asserted that it has sent the right message and benefitted the country.
The Opposition would seek to corner the government for its "attempts to destabilise" states ruled by it and the Kashmir unrest in the Monsoon Session of Parliament from tomorrow, but also support the GST Bill which Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said was of "national importance".
Delhi University teachers have decided to call off the boycott of evaluation of undergraduate exams.
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- PM Modi offers prayer at Gorakhnath Temple in Gorakhpur
- Dayashankar's wife accuses BSP of abusing her family
- PM addresses rally in Gorakhpur, lays foundation stone for AIIMS, fertilizer unit
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir?
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part II
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part III
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part IV
- Why has patriotism became a bane in Kashmir? Part V
- Bhagwant Mann video row: LS Speaker seeks report on Parliament security, may summon AAP MP
- My presidency will restore `safety` in US, says Donald Trump in acceptance speech
- Vatican invited to mediate in Venezuela crisis
- Nigeria 'talking to' oil rebels: Buhari
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''