A day after quakes rocked Chile and US` California, a major earthquake measuring 6.9 on the Richter scale struck a sparsely populated area of central Peru early on Sunday, the US Geological Survey said.
A 6.0-magnitude earthquake rocked California`s scenic Napa Valley wine country Sunday, the strongest to hit the region in a quarter of a century, seriously injuring three and jolting thousands from their sleep.
An earthquake measuring 4.1 on the Richter scale hit the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand on Sunday.
A strong 6.0-magnitude earthquake jolted California early Sunday morning, the US Geological Survey said, though there were no immediate reports of deaths or serious damage.
Two strong earthquakes on Sunday shook Iceland`s largest volcano, which is on red alert for imminent risk of eruption, the Icelandic Met Office said.
Chile was rocked by a strong earthquake measuring 6.6 on the Richter scale early on Sunday.
A 5-magnitude earthquake hit parts of Himachal Pradesh on Thursday. No loss of life or damage to property has been reported so far.
Iran`s official news agency is reporting a 6.1-magnitude earthquake today hit a sparsely populated mountainous area near the Iraqi border.
The quake hit at a depth of 16.4 km, said USGS, which calculated it struck around 1,140 km east of the capital Port Louis.
At least three persons were injured today after a moderate 5.1 magnitude earthquake struck Yongshan County of China`s southwestern Sichuan province.
A moderate 5.1 magnitude earthquake struck China`s southwestern Sichuan province early Sunday, US geologists said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A major national project involving deep drilling in the earthquake-prone Koyna intra-plate seismic zone in Maharashtra has been initiated by the central government for conducting scientific studies related to earthquakes, a statement said Thursday.
The US Geological Survey says a magnitude 5.8 earthquake has struck the southwestern Mexican state of Oaxaca.
A shallow 5.1-magnitude earthquake struck the Ecuadoran capital Quito Tuesday, triggering landslides that killed at least two people and violently shaking buildings and homes.
An earthquake measured at a preliminary magnitude of 5.1 has rattled Ecuador`s capital and surrounding areas, causing tall buildings to sway and sending people scurrying into the streets.
A 6.0-magnitude earthquake struck off northern Japan on Sunday, the US Geological Survey said, but Japanese authorities did not issue a tsunami warning and there were no immediate reports of damage.
President Pranab Mukherjee has conveyed his "sincere grief" and "sympathy" over the loss of life and property in the earthquake that jolted China on August 3.
An earthquake of 6.3 magnitude struck off East Timor on Wednesday, the US Geological Survey said, but there were no immediate reports of casualties or damage.
A 5.3 magnitude earthquake hit central South Africa on Tuesday, killing at least one man who died when a wall collapsed on top of him, according to emergency services.
A 5.0-magnitude earthquake today jolted Xigatze Prefecture in Tibet close to Indian and Nepal borders.
The epicenter was monitored at a depth of 10 km, the China Earthquake Networks Center (CENC) said.
Six people were killed and hundreds injured as panic gripped areas of the Algerian capital when an earthquake of 5.6 magnitude struck offshore early today, an emergency official said.
A 6.3-magnitude earthquake struck eastern Mexico on Tuesday, shaking buildings as far as the capital and rousing people out of their beds at dawn.
An earthquake with magnitude of 5.5 hit off the coast of North Andaman island.
A moderate 5.8-magnitude earthquake struck Papua New Guinea early today, US seismologists said.
A 6.6-magnitude earthquake struck off Japan`s northeast coast early Monday morning, the US Geological Survey said.
The scene was like an earthquake, but residents say the collapse of three buildings last week in Casablanca that killed 23 people was the man-made result of greed and corruption.
A strong 6.4-magnitude earthquake was detected at sea in the southern Philippines on Monday, the US Geological Survey said, but there were no reports of damage and no tsunami warning issued.
A 6.1-magnitude earthquake struck off northern Chile`s coast, the US Geological Survey said, with no immediate reports of major damage or casualties.
A 5.6-magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Papua New Guinea early Monday, US geologists said, but no tsunami warning was issued.
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Woman among terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur police station
- Watch: 15 reports from 15 cities
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: India commemorates its historic win against Pakistan
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Terrorists came from Pakistan's Narowal area, say sources
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed
- After uproar, Salman Khan tenders 'unconditional' apology for controversial Yakub Memon tweets
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- Did Yakub Memon return to India on understanding with intelligence officials, asks Omar Abdullah
- Salman Khan's tweets on Yakub Memon: Right to express one's opinion or needless controversy?
- Google Glass may improve social skills in autistic people
- 'Brothers': Karan Johar celebrates 8 million views!
- Search for Alien life: China rushes to finish world's largest radio telescope
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB