With July factory output data showing significant uptick year-on-year, the Finance Ministry Friday said the manufacturing sector is slowly emerging as a leader of the industrial growth and the economy is improving steadily.
China Wednesday announced proactive fiscal policies aimed at stabilising growth in the world's second largest economy as it grappled with industrial overcapacity, sluggish demand, struggling exports and a volatile stock market.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday chaired a high level meeting on global economic scenario with about 40 captains of industry and leading economists at his Race Course Road residence.
The high-level consultative meeting on the agenda -- 'Recent Global Events: Opportunities for India', would also be attended by RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan and Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Arvind Panagariya.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will today meet business leaders including Reliance Industries head Mukesh Ambani, Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry as well as bankers and economists to discuss global economic scenario.
As economic crisis in the developed economies continues, the best that is on offer is a slow recovery; the high growth rates of 1992-2007 are not likely to return anytime soon, says a new book.
The US economic activities continued to expand across most surveyed regions and sectors during the period from July to mid-August, according to a survey by the Federal Reserve.
The Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) is expected to release the ranking of states on 'ease of doing business' this week.
Developers will not reduce price to boost sales, rather will continue with their strategy to reduce apartment size and offer freebies, Moody's Investors Service said.
With economic growth slowing to 7 percent in the April-June quarter, India Inc said on Monday the subdued performance indicates that the cost of capital needs to come down, demanding a rate cut by RBI.
Reflecting a muted performance, the GDP growth slowed to 7 percent in the April-June quarter, from 7.5 percent in the previous quarter, amid deceleration in farm, services and manufacturing sectors.
India`s economic growth slowed to a lower-than-expected 7 percent in the three months through June from 7.5 percent in the previous quarter, government data showed on Monday.
Despite backed by a strong growth in mining, manufacturing and construction sectors, the country's economic growth of 7 percent was seen as disappointing.
Growth of the eight core industries slowed to 1.1 percent in July as compared to the 3.1 percent in the same period a year ago, government showed Monday.
Jaitley added that stalled projects have to be expedited and they will lead 'Make in India' programme.
China`s economy is entering a treacherous phase as it moves away from traditional sources of growth like heavy manufacturing and real estate investment, but has yet to complete the transition to a new model, a prominent Chinese economist said on Friday.
Attributing the ongoing market carnage to global cues, ICICI Bank chief Chanda Kochhar Wednesday said the country has many positives like high forex reserves, and low current account and fiscal gaps, which can help it weather the ongoing volatilities.
A day after a rout in Chinese stocks triggered the biggest ever carnage in Indian markets, RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan Tuesday said China is a big country and every adverse development has impacts, even as he warned against overburdening central banks to fix struggling economies.
As the stock markets bounced back after a day of bloodbath, the government Tuesday said India is well positioned to get through the global financial crisis and is seizing on it as an opportunity to ensure it becomes the fastest growing large economy in the world.
With the benchmark sensex witnessing the biggest single day drop ever, Congress Monday took a swipe at Prime Minister Narendra Modi saying he has turned "unlucky" as the economy and exports were down and prices soaring.
Reserve Bank Governor Raghuram Rajan Monday cautioned against getting complacent with the strong macro fundamentals of the economy and called for making harder choices in further reforming the structural bottlenecks preventing the economy from achieving its potential growth.
Enthused by increase in indirect tax collections, Finance Minster Arun Jaitley Monday said that the economy is in a revival phase and expected that it will clock a growth rate in excess of 8 percent in 2015-16.
Amidst global slowdown, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Sunday expressed confidence that 8-10 percent growth rate is achievable on the back on increased investment and right mix of policies.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Tuesday asserted that India must completely open up its economy to global investment, except for rare sectors.
With global rating agency Moody's cutting its growth forecast for India citing lack of reforms, Union Minister Jayant Sinha Tuesday said the government is committed to the reforms process but it is "not a single day story".
Growth in manufacturing sector is a positive development and shows that the economy is firmly on the growth path, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said Wednesday.
Retail inflation fell to a record low of 3.78 percent in July and industrial production hit a 4-month high of 3.8 percent in June, which may bring cheer to investors and add to the clamour for interest rate cut by RBI.
With crude prices still falling, inflation is expected to remain under control, Finance Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi said Wednesday while emphasising that industrial production growth shows that the economy is on mend.
Industrial production expanded at a 4-month high rate of 3.8 percent in June due to improvement in manufacturing activity.
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?- Part V
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part III
- Japanese student spotted cleaning garbage in Delhi
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part II
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?
- Afzal Guru row: Why not action against supporters at JNU?- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Service chiefs, leaders pay tribute to Siachen hero Hanumanthappa
- BJP leader Visheshwar Ojha shot dead in Bihar
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Salman Khan hints at marriage plans; is Iulia Vantur the lucky girl?
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 'Meri Pyaari Bindu': Get a slice of singer Parineeti Chopra – Watch video
- All out for 0! Chasing 120 to win, team fails to score a single run in Kent indoor game
- Historic Jain temple demolished in Lahore to make way for metro train
- Sania Mirza-Martina Hingis: World no. 1 pair notches up 37th straight win in Saint Petersburg
- Situation remains tensed but peaceful at Bhojshala in MP, both groups offer prayers at disputed site