The voters strength in the Union territory of Puducherry has increased by 1.35 per cent and the final electoral rolls brought out at the end of the special summary revision has said there are 9,08,821 voters now.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy today laid the foundation of the Rs 23.6 crore memorial in rememberance of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister K Kamaraj,his political mentor, at nearby Karuvadikuppam, kickstarting resumption of work to construct the structure.
Union Public Service Commission has included Puducherry as one of the centres for the all India Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination to be held on Sunday.
A 35-year old French woman, residing in Puducherry for the past 25 years, was harassed by three fishermen allegedly in an inebriated state while taking bath in sea here on Sunday.
Puducherry State unit of Janata Dal (United) on Saturday called upon the territorial administration for steps to consolidate the municipalities of Puducherry and Oulgaret to form a Municipal Corporation in Puducherry.
Chief Minister N Rangasamy garlanded the statue of the first CM of the union territory Edouard Goubert on his 120th birth anniversary.
Lieutenant Governor of Puducherry, Lt General (retired) AK Singh, has greeted people on the occasion of Ramzan.
Days after his ouster as Puducherry`s Lt Governor, Virendra Kataria on Friday claimed he was removed because he exposed corruption in the UT government.
Lt Governor of Andaman and Nicobar Islands Lt Gen (Retd) A K Singh, given additional charge of Union Territory of Puducherry after the sacking of incumbent Virendra Kataria, assumed office.
Ousted Lt Governor of Puducherry Virendra Kataria Thursday left here for Chennai en route to Delhi.
French nationals residing in this former French colony today celebrated the 225th Republic Day (Fete National) of France on Monday.
Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Tuesday directed his officials to closely and effectively monitor the "precarious financial position" of Puducherry.
As many as 25 tourism development projects would be launched by Puducherry Government during the current fiscal at a total outlay of Rs 125 crore, Tourism Minister P Rajavelu said today.
CPI today demanded that the administration take steps on a war footing to ensure proper infrastructure and number of teachers in government schools to attract parents into admitting their wards there, instead of going to private schools.
Puducherry Chief Minister N Rangasamy on Wednesday called on Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh and sought statehood for the Union Territory.
The results for State-board class X examination in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry were announced at 10 am.
Puducherry Chief Minister and AINRC chief N Rangasamy on Saturday congratulated Narendra Modi for the BJP-led NDA`s `historic win` in the Lok Sabha polls.
Continuing with its spectacular electoral debut of the 2011 Assembly polls, ruling AINRC in Puducherry on Friday wrested the lone Lok Sabha seat from Congress with its nominee R Radhakrishnan trouncing Minister of State in PMO V Narayanasamy.
A 24-year-old Pakistani student doing a post-graduate course in South Asian studies in a well-known university here, was allegedly assaulted by an unidentified three-member gang at his hostel today, police said.
CPI(M) on Tuesday demanded immediate scrapping of the regional reservation system adopted by the government for admitting students to professional colleges, saying it is `constitutionally unjustified and academically unethical`.
Polling for the lone Lok Sabha seat in Puducherry saw a heavy turnout with around 80 percent of the voters exercising their franchise, said the Election Commission.
Over 900,000 voters will seal the electoral fate of 30 candidates including sitting MP and union minister V. Narayanasamy on Thursday.
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa today wound up her gruelling 51-day campaign across 40 Lok Sabha constituencies in Tamil Nadu and Puducherry during which she exhorted the people to vote for her party in April 24 polls and make it part of the next government to protect their interests.
With just over a week to go for the polls, the Union Territory is witnessing hectic campaigning by candidates who are straining every sinew to secure the lone Lok Sabha seat.
Puducherry Lt Governor Virendra Kataria on Sunday wished the people of Union Territory of Puducherry a peaceful and prosperous Tamil New Year.
Decks have been cleared for the poll battle in the lone Lok Sabha seat of Puducherry which goes to polls on April 24 as deadline for withdrawal of nominations ended today.
MDMK General Secretary Vaiko on Sunday said his party would support PMK nominee RKR Anantharaman in the Lok Sabha elections in Puducherry.
Puducherry like all the Union Territories has also one representation in the Lok Sabha. But it is distinct in the way that it has its own legislature.
Also known as the French Riviera of the East, the Union Territory of Puducherry was granted the status of a Union Territory in 1963.
The Puducherry Assembly has been prorogued after it held a one day session on March 12 and passed Vote on Account Bill earmarking Rs 2,250.09 crore for the period April-September) of fiscal 2014-15.
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Ranchi: JSEB asks man to pay electricity bill of Rs 55 crore
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Service tax rate of 14% comes into effect from today
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media conducts reality check of public places smoking ban
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- PM Narendra Modi-led panel likely to select CIC, CVC chiefs today
- Heatwave: Things you must know
- Caught on camera: Jharkhand health minister slaps RJD leader in public
- PM Modi told China, Pakistan economic corridor unacceptable: Sushma Swaraj
- ISIS rapists pour boiling water on teenage victim's leg for refusing sex
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in
- Watch: The grand trailer of Rana Daggubati's `Baahubali`
- Why Karan Johar signed Varun Dhawan instead of Salman Khan for ‘Shhuddhi’
- Narendra Modi to become first Indian PM to visit Israel