Yogi Adiyanath begins UP CM innings with a pledge to work 'without discrimination', asks colleagues to avoid brash talk
Lucknow: Yogi Adityanath, who was sworn in as Uttar Pradesh's new Chief Minister on Sunday, said that strengthening law and order situation in the state will be among his top priorities.
Adityanath, who was sworn-in along with two deputy chief ministers and 44 other ministers, also termed the BJP's massive win in the UP assembly elections a "big mandate for 'vikas' (development) and 'sushashan' (good governance)."
The priest-politician, accused by critics of being a polarising leader, said his government "will work for all sections of the society without any discrimination."
He would work he said to fulfil all promises made by the BJP in its vision document ahead of the elections.
Later addressing party colleagues, Yogi asked them not to make any brash or thoughtless comments, and advised them to declare their known sources of income within a fortnight.
The 46-member Yogi ministry, including the two deputy CMs, consists of 23 "forward" castes, 14 OBCs and five Dalits.
It has one Muslim and one Sikh member each.
Adityanath Yogi, as he called himself while taking oath, was the first to be sworn in as UP's 19th CM and at 44, he's the second youngest after Akhilesh Yadav in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what