JLR global sales up 16% in March
New Delhi: Tata Motors-owned Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) on Wednesday reported 16 percent increase in global sales at 53,772 units in March from the same month last year.
"Jaguar Land Rover is seeing continued year on year growth following the introduction of new models, engines and drive- trains with the Jaguar XF Sportbrake, new Range Rover and Range Rover Evoque amongst our top selling models," JLR Group Sales Operations Director Phil Popham said in a statement.
Jaguar posted sales of 9,856 in March, up 28 percent, while Land Rover reported 14 percent increase in sales at 43,916 units.
In the UK, JLR sales were up 14 percent at 17,784 units in March, while China delivered its best-ever month retailing 8,487 units collectively, a growth of 22 percent.
"Jaguar Land Rover has had a record breaking start to the year reflecting the continued interest in our two great brands and our commitment to delivering desirable products that resonate with customers across the globe," Popham said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300