How to detox in healthy way
London: Detoxing may be important but it is also important to do it the right way.
Evelyn Toner, senior specialist dietitian at London Bridge Hospital, dishes up the truth on detox diets and offers her top five tips for detoxing the healthy way, reportedly.
“Detox diets may lead to weight loss due to their extreme nature, calorie restriction and the fact that they cut out whole food groups. There is no evidence for them, the weight loss is not sustainable and is usually regained once a normal diet is resumed,” said Toner.
However, to keep the body functioning well, optimise health, increase energy levels and improve skin, hair and nails, follow the five tips below:
* Include a variety of fruit and vegetables every day: The more colourful and varied, the better it is. They can be fresh, frozen, tinned, dried or as juice. Include some at each meal and as a snack between meals, aiming for five portions a day. These will give you a wide range of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre.
* Drink plenty of fluid: All non-alcoholic drinks count but try to avoid sugary soft and fizzy drinks and excessive caffeine-containing drinks. This will keep you hydrated, help flush toxins and keep skin glowing.
* Choose high fibre starchy foods: This will help you feel full for longer and provide important vitamins, minerals and fibre which will keep your digestive system healthy and prevent constipation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!