Indulge in healthy food, but mind the portion
New York: Indulging in health food items to cut flab? Make sure you know how much to eat as it is possible overdose of right food can prevent you from losing weight.
Nutritionist Lisa Young shares a list of food items that are easy to overeat and tips for portion control, reports huffingtonpost.com:
* Ready-to-eat cereal: Sugar-sweetened cereals are a big no and it is always advised to choose a cereal where the first ingredient is a whole grain. However, pouring your healthy whole grain cereal into an oversize bowl can often spell disaster. Those who are watching their weight should eat approximately one ounce of ready-to-eat cereal.
* Nuts: Nuts are healthy. They contain healthy fats and also help us to feel full. However, it is easy to eat too many nuts especially if you are eating them straight from a huge jar or at a bar when having a drink with a friend. The recommended serving of nuts to eat is a handful.
* Hummus: Hummus or chick pea dip is a super healthy snack. It contains protein and healthy fats. Fresh vegetables dipped in hummus makes for a great snack. But it is easy to overdo it, especially if you buy the jumbo tubs of hummus or if you are nibbling at a cocktail party. Eat approximately two tablespoons worth of hummus as a snack. Add baby carrots, celery, and red pepper for crunch, volume, and a boost of nutrients.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Worried about the dark circles under your eyes? Check out home remedies to get rid of them
- Simple ayurvedic home remedies to get rid of belly fat
- We should start meals with spicy food and end with sweets – Here’s why
- Home remedies for shiny, white teeth - Check out
- Top 3 home remedies to prevent hair fall