Napping: Why you need to take a nap everyday, tips and tricks
A number of studies has shown that napping can help boost alertness, increase productivity and improve creativity.
New Delhi: Napping can be one of the healthiest things you can do for your health. While napping provides a wealth of health benefits, realising the art of an effective nap is important to yield the optimum results.
A number of studies has shown that napping can help boost alertness, increase productivity and improve creativity. In fact, studies have also suggested that napping is actually good for your heart as it can help lower your tension, which decreases your risk of dying from heart disease.
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you nap effectively:
- Because a short nap is usually recommended for better outcome, opt for a maximum 30-minute nap, beyond that can leave you feeling tired and even interfere with your night time sleep. This short nap also gives significant benefit for improved alertness and performance.
- Make sure that you find a quiet and restful place to lie down to avoid interruptions. This will also help you fall asleep fast.
- Use a face mask or opt for darkness to make sure you get a powerful nap. Besides filtering light with face mask or pillow, try to limit the amount of noise heard while napping.
- Choose the best time for a nap, preferably between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m while avoiding napping too late in the day.
- Set the room temperature to a comfortable level.
Remember, achieving an effective nap is an art. Apply these tips and have a fruitful, effective napping!