PM Narendra Modi meets President Barack Obama: As it happened
Washington: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and US President Barack Obama met at the White House on Tuesday. This was the seventh meeting between them.
After the meeting they addressed a joint press conference during which PM Modi thanked Obama for supporting India's MTCR, NSG bid.
At the same time, India and the US promised to work together for the sake of global peace and security and the benefit of developing countries.
Some agreements were finalised, one is the technical arrangement to sharing white shipping information. India recognised as a major defence partner for the US, we would be treated at a level similar to the closest allies of the US. This allows for better higher quality technology access on defence side, and liberal access to the dual-use technology side. Today the big challenge is we want a framework that allows not just sale or collabaration but allows Make in India to happen in defence side: FS.
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped me to ask questions on Afzal Guru, says Kapil Mishra
- Why was Kulbhushan Jadhav denied councillor access by Pakistan?
- BJP MP Shatrughan Sinha praises Arvind Kejriwal on Twitter
- DNA: Indian Army gets two M777 howitzers artillery guns from US
- Terrifying moment - Video shows girl grabbed, dragged into water by sea lion
- Instead of tying stone pelter on army jeep tie Arundhati Roy, tweets BJP MP Paresh Rawal; sparks row
- IPL 2017 Final, Rising Pune Supergiant vs Mumbai Indians — As it happened...
- Prabhas’ ‘Baahubali 2’ becomes highest grosser Hindi movie! Check out Box Office report
- Did Indian U-17 team actually defeat Italy's U-17 squad? Here's the truth...
- WATCH: Sleepy-head Rohit Sharma WAKES UP to find Pune players mauling Mumbai in final