Cash for bail: Another Karnataka MLA named in ACB report
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh ACB, probing the cash-for-bail scam involving jailed former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy, on Tuesday named his close associate and yet another MLA of that state B Sreeramulu, of playing a role towards securing Reddy`s bail.
In its remand report submitted in a court here after arresting BJP`s Kampli MLA T H Suresh Babu in the case, the ACB has claimed that further investigations had revealed that on April 21, Sreeramulu had called up Suresh Babu and informed that one R Suryaprakash Babu of Hyderabad knew some judges and was ready to help in the matter of getting bail to Janardhan Reddy and that he had already asked Suryaprakash to call him.
Sreeramulu, a former BJP legislator, is now an MLA of his own party-- BSR Congress.
After some time, Suryaprakash called up Suresh Babu from his mobile phone regarding the deal and informed that he knew a Registrar of Andhra Pradesh High Court, who could influence the CBI Judge (T Pattabhirama Rao) in the matter of granting bail to Janardhan Reddy.
Subsequently on May 3, Suryaprakash again called Suresh Babu, informing him that he was speaking in the presence of judges Laxmi Narsimha Rao and D Prabhakar Rao (also accused in the case and suspended), who could "manage" Pattabhirama Rao.
According to the remand report, Suresh Babu asked Suryaprakash to contact Janardhan Reddy`s brother and Bellary city MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy to discuss the deal and other things directly.
As per the phone call details, Suryaprakash Babu was in constant touch with Suresh Babu between April 21 and May 7, the ACB said.
Later, Somashekhar Reddy struck a deal for Rs 20 crore with one history-sheeter Yadagiri Rao (already arrested), who on May 10, arranged a meeting involving Pattabhirama`s son and retired judge T V Chalpathi Rao towards the grant of bail.
Somashekhar Reddy, however, told Yadagiri that he would give Rs 10 crore when the bail is given by the CBI court and the remaining Rs 10 crore after seeing the bail order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...