Elephant electrocuted in a farm
Raigarh: A pregnant elephant was electrocuted after it came into contact with a live wire in a farm here in Chhattisgarh, forest officials said today.
The farm owner, Narayan Vishwas (50), a resident of Sagarpur village in Raigarh district, has been arrested for the incident which took place yesterday.
The 20-year-old cow elephant, which was in advanced stage of pregnancy, had entered into the corn field belonging to Vishwas and died after coming in contact with live wire laid by the farmer, Dharamjaigarh Division Forest Official C L Agrawal told PTI.
"A post-mortem report revealed that the elephant was pregnant and died of electric shocks," he added.
A herd of elephants had been roaming in the area for the last few days. They had damaged the crop of Narayan`s field following which he laid the trap, Agrawal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video