Zee Media Bureau/Udita Madan
New Delhi: Keeping a strict eye on your weight is imperative in these times. Generally, problems start to rise in the late twenties when there is lack of physical activity. Lethargic habits begin to develop and the individual loses his interest in healthy activities. Stress related to professional and personal lives takes a toll making it difficult to keep vigil on one's health which later can lead to obesity.
A lot of medical and cosmetic assistance is available these days to tackle obesity. Not to mention the exorbitant costs involved and their side effects don't exactly make things easier. But there are also many natural ways to control your weight that you can apply. Tackling obesity is not too tough. You don’t need to subscribe to expensive treatments to reduce obesity or to be completely cured. There are simple home remedies which can give you an absolute cure from obesity.
1. Let's start with what we always start our day with – breakfast. That's right. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and provides a steady stream of energy all through the day. This, in turn, prevents unhealthy snacking.
2. Stop nibbling and snacking between meals. Train yourself to have less food. Instead of eating only 2 meals during the day like lunch & dinner, eating 4-5 more small meals spaced 2-3 hours apart during the day increases the metabolic rate of the body.
3. Spices like ginger, cinnamon, black pepper etc. are good for losing weight. Drink ginger tea 2-3 times a day. A few cups of natural green tea is also a good remedy for obesity.
4. Two teaspoons of lime juice added to lukewarm water also helps in shedding those extra kilos. Have it frequently. You can also drink a glass of boiled water daily after every meal. It will also help you in naturally curing obesity.
5. Try to eat 10-12 fully grown curry leaves every morning for 3 to 4 months. It may prove beneficial for the obese in losing weight.
6. Drink lots of water. You can never have enough of water, so drink as much of it as you can. It is essential to keep oneself hydrated. It will maintain your energy, keep your skin glowing as well as help in losing weight. Minimum 8 glasses a day is important.
7. Last but not the least, physical activity is a must and it packs a mean punch! Try to make some space in your daily routine to fit some physical activity in between, even if it means just a 20-30 minute brisk walk in the park. Mornings are the best time for any physical activity. Get that adrenaline rush. It will keep you going.