Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Buttermilk, also known as Chaas in Hindi, is a great drink to cool off your body on a hot summer day. Perhaps, this nutritious drink is also loaded with vitamins and minerals, providing you with myriad health benefits. Here are some five amazing reasons why buttermilk is a blessing for your health.
- Unlike average dairy products, buttermilk contains less fat, which is good for your heart.
- The unique protein in buttermilk that lowers high blood pressure also keeps the cholesterol level in check.
- Low in calories, buttermilk flushes out fat that usually coats the inner walls of the stomach and intestines after an oily meal.
- Buttermilk also aids in weight loss as it helps to calm hunger pangs by keeping your stomach full for a longer period of time.
- Buttermilk helps you get rid of indigestion, acidity while it boosts your immunity.
- Buttermilk is good for your skin as it is enriched with Alpha Hydroxy Acid which acts as a natural skin lightening agent.
- Consuming buttermilk regularly can help you stay hydrated as well as lower your body temperature.
- Buttermilk promotes your bone health since it contains a high level of calcium but with less fat compared to milk.