Salt water bath: Know why it's good for your health!
Bathing with salt water means a healthy bath! Read on to know how!
Zee Media Bureau/Udita Madan
New Delhi: Why do we bathe? This question may get the eye-rolls and bewildered looks it deserves, beause let's face it, the answer is obvious.
Hygiene and cleanliness are the primary purposes for which we take a bath everyday.
But is the water you bath with, benefiting you in any way? Again a funny question, you might say, but think about it.
What if what you add to your bathing water had positive health effects?
No, the answer is not in any disinfectant but in something that you use everyday – in food. The answer is salt. Mostly used for its healing properties, salt water offers you a wealth of benefits that are good for your health.
Yes, bathing with salt water has its own little health benefits that normal water doesn't provide you with.
Following is a list of health benefits that you can get from taking a bath with salt water.
1. Healing and relaxing: Using Himalayan bath salts are known to stimulate circulation, hydrate the skin, increase moisture retention and promote cellular regeneration. Besides, they are also helpful in detoxifying and healing the skin. Salt-water bathing reduces inflammation of the muscles and joints, relaxes muscles and relieves pain and soreness.
2. Good for skin: Salt-water baths in their natural form possess many minerals and nutrients that help rejuvenate skin. Minerals such as magnesium, calcium, bromide, sodium and potassium get absorbed into the skin pores, cleansing and purifying the surface of the skin, leaving it healthy and glowing.
3. Detoxification: Did you know these bath salts also help detoxify the skin? Well, yes, the warm water opens up skin pores allowing the salt minerals to get absorbed deep into the skin, ensuring complete cleansing. These salts help draw out the harmful toxins and bacteria absorbed by the skin throughout the day, keeping your skin looking healthy and clear.
4. Youthful glow: Who doesn’t want to look and feel younger? Use bath salts regularly to decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the face. They make your skin soft and supple. Bath salts achieve this by plumping the skin and balancing the skin moisture. They also give skin that natural glow that is lost in the routine life.
5. Treatment of various problems: Bath salts are not only beneficial for your skin but they also play an important role in treating some serious health conditions like osteoarthritis and tendinitis. In addition, bath salts are also effective in reducing itchiness and insomnia.