Bodies of 2 Army soldiers buried in J&K avalanche recovered
Srinagar: Police on Monday said the bodies of two Army soldiers who were buried under a massive avalanche in January this year in north Kashmir`s Keran sector have been recovered.
The bodies of two soldiers were recovered in Keran sector of Kupwara district where they remained buried under snow since January, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman identified the two soldiers as Ajay Kumar and Lalit Mohan Singh of 1st Bihar unit.
Soldiers were hit by an avalanche at Kilooan Naar near Gujjar Doora area of Kupwara on January 24, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof