Bodies of 2 Army soldiers buried in J&K avalanche recovered
Srinagar: Police on Monday said the bodies of two Army soldiers who were buried under a massive avalanche in January this year in north Kashmir`s Keran sector have been recovered.
The bodies of two soldiers were recovered in Keran sector of Kupwara district where they remained buried under snow since January, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman identified the two soldiers as Ajay Kumar and Lalit Mohan Singh of 1st Bihar unit.
Soldiers were hit by an avalanche at Kilooan Naar near Gujjar Doora area of Kupwara on January 24, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed