Corruption has reached new heights in J&K: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday alleged corruption in Jammu and Kashmir has reached new heights and there is no curative or reformative action available in the system.
"Corruption has achieved new heights in the present dispensation and there is no curative or reformative action available in the system with the rulers busy in their own fancies," PDP leader and party`s candidate for Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency Tariq Hameed Karra said here.
Addressing a students` rally, the former state Finance Minister made a strong call for a change in the governance system in the state.
"Chief Minister Omar Abdullah instead of doing any good for the people has put everything on sale," he said.
Omar has put "price tag" on everything and there is no accountability, he said.
The institutions to fight the menace of corruption have been left "dysfunctional", Karra said.
"Though the government is crying itself hoarse about the rise in unemployment in the state, it is busy re-employing the deadwood in the administration, costing the state millions of rupees monthly.
"This is turning out to be a big scam. So far, 400 people have been re-employed by the government," Karra said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know