Corruption has reached new heights in J&K: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday alleged corruption in Jammu and Kashmir has reached new heights and there is no curative or reformative action available in the system.
"Corruption has achieved new heights in the present dispensation and there is no curative or reformative action available in the system with the rulers busy in their own fancies," PDP leader and party`s candidate for Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency Tariq Hameed Karra said here.
Addressing a students` rally, the former state Finance Minister made a strong call for a change in the governance system in the state.
"Chief Minister Omar Abdullah instead of doing any good for the people has put everything on sale," he said.
Omar has put "price tag" on everything and there is no accountability, he said.
The institutions to fight the menace of corruption have been left "dysfunctional", Karra said.
"Though the government is crying itself hoarse about the rise in unemployment in the state, it is busy re-employing the deadwood in the administration, costing the state millions of rupees monthly.
"This is turning out to be a big scam. So far, 400 people have been re-employed by the government," Karra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'