Corruption has reached new heights in J&K: PDP
Srinagar: Opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Monday alleged corruption in Jammu and Kashmir has reached new heights and there is no curative or reformative action available in the system.
"Corruption has achieved new heights in the present dispensation and there is no curative or reformative action available in the system with the rulers busy in their own fancies," PDP leader and party`s candidate for Srinagar Lok Sabha constituency Tariq Hameed Karra said here.
Addressing a students` rally, the former state Finance Minister made a strong call for a change in the governance system in the state.
"Chief Minister Omar Abdullah instead of doing any good for the people has put everything on sale," he said.
Omar has put "price tag" on everything and there is no accountability, he said.
The institutions to fight the menace of corruption have been left "dysfunctional", Karra said.
"Though the government is crying itself hoarse about the rise in unemployment in the state, it is busy re-employing the deadwood in the administration, costing the state millions of rupees monthly.
"This is turning out to be a big scam. So far, 400 people have been re-employed by the government," Karra said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway