‘CPI-M backing criminalisation of politics’
Thiruvananthapuram: Congress in Kerala on Monday alleged that the CPI-M was supporting criminalisation of politics by trying to protect the culprits involved in the murder of RMP leader TP Chandrasekharan.
"CPI-M is launching agitations in front of police stations when their workers are being arrested in a bid to put pressure on police officials investigating the case and to disrupt the probe," KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala told reporters.
He said CPI-M should refrain from attempts to weaken and sabotage the probe into the case which was moving in the right direction.
Chennithala said the letter reportedly sent by Opposition Leader VS Achuthanandan to CPI-M central leadership seeking action against those in the party supporting `murder politics` clearly proved the charges raised by the Congress.
He said it was unfortunate that CPI-M general secretary Prakash Karat "justified the stand of a section in the party who are protecting criminal elements."
"Karat, who speaks against criminalisation of politics in Delhi, has changed his words while speaking in Kannur the other day," he said.
Chennithala said CPI-M state secretary Pinarayi Vijayan`s statement that the party would resist attempts to target its leaders in connection with the case was tantamount to taking the law into hands.
"The CPI-M is facing disintegration with serious internal conflicts. Those who predicted that UDF would crumble after the Neyyattinkara bye-election are (themselves) being crumbled," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!