‘Lokpal should not become super-government’
New Delhi: Striking a cautious note, New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah on Monday said that he
was in favour of a strong Lokpal but the ombudsman should not
become a "super-government".
"There should be a strong Lokpal. But Lokpal cannot be
above Parliament. It is Parliament`s responsibility to bring
Lokpal. But it (Lokpal) should not be a super government,"
Abdullah told reporters outside Parliament House.
Hoping that the Lokpal Bill will be introduced shortly, NC
leader said, "I am hopeful that it will come soon in cabinet
and after that in Parliament."
Asked about the alleged threat to Anna Hazare, he said, "I
will not say anything. FIR has been lodged. So there will be
an inquiry into it and after the investigation truth will come
Last week the Delhi Police received a letter that
threatened to inject Anna Hazare and his supporters with
needles contaminated with HIV virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss