‘Lokpal should not become super-government’
New Delhi: Striking a cautious note, New and Renewable Energy Minister Farooq Abdullah on Monday said that he
was in favour of a strong Lokpal but the ombudsman should not
become a "super-government".
"There should be a strong Lokpal. But Lokpal cannot be
above Parliament. It is Parliament`s responsibility to bring
Lokpal. But it (Lokpal) should not be a super government,"
Abdullah told reporters outside Parliament House.
Hoping that the Lokpal Bill will be introduced shortly, NC
leader said, "I am hopeful that it will come soon in cabinet
and after that in Parliament."
Asked about the alleged threat to Anna Hazare, he said, "I
will not say anything. FIR has been lodged. So there will be
an inquiry into it and after the investigation truth will come
Last week the Delhi Police received a letter that
threatened to inject Anna Hazare and his supporters with
needles contaminated with HIV virus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars