Rahul Gandhi offered Rs 15 crore dowry!
New Delhi: Gandhi scion and young Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi is undoubtedly the biggest youth icon and the most sought after groom in the country. And what further proves this point is an interesting proposal made by a woman who claims that she will give Rs 15 crore as dowry if the young leader marries her daughter.
According to a popular tabloid Mid Day, which first reported this interesting incident, the woman - Om Shanti Sharma - has been sitting on an indefinite fast at Jantar Mantar since July 9, and has taken a vow of silence.
Clad in a simple yellow sari, Sharma can be seen sitting silently, braving the harsh weather conditions, and praying to the almighty to help her find a suitable groom for her daughter. However, she is not to ready to settle for anyone other than Rahul Gandhi.
Though she has taken a pledge of silence, the placard placed behind her speaks on her behalf as it reads, “Rahul Gandhi se apni beti ke rishtey ki maang”.
The placard also reads that Sharma would shell out out Rs 15 crore as dowry if the Gandhi scion accepts her proposal.
The card also states that Sharma is from Jaipur in Rajasthan and wants her share in property from her in-laws and family.
Santosh Murat Singh, another protestor at Jantar Mantar was quoted as saying, "She has taken a vow of silence, so she neither speaks, nor writes anything to communicate. She sits here all day praying."
Ironically, Singh too is fighting a lone battle to prove his existence since he has been declared dead by his immediate family members.
When quizzed about the woman and the bizarre marriage proposal she has made before the Gandhi scion, police officials say that Sharma could be mentally unstable.
The police officials also claim that Sharma has neither sought any requisite permission nor submitted an undertaking regarding her protest.
However, when inquired about the incident, additional DCP of New Delhi range KC Dwivedi has refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?