Medicos strike continues in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Despite assurance by a delegation of
resident doctors to call off their strike from today, majority
of them did not resume duty and continued their protest in
support of agitating government medicos.
Out of around 450 resident doctors, only 35 resumed duty
in Jaipur and the situation remained almost same in other
parts of the state, official sources said here.
A three-member delegation of resident doctors, who as a
sign of solidarity had joined the strike of in-service
government doctors on December 21, met the state medical and
health minister Duru Miyan at midnight and assured him of
calling off their strike unconditionally from Wednesday
morning. However, the strike continued.
"Only 35 residents have resumed duty today. Alternate but
sufficient medical arrangements are in place in the hospital,"
Dr L C Sharma, Superintendent of SMS government hospital,
Sources in the SMS medical college-Jaipur said that the
residents are demanding release of their arrested colleagues
and lifting of RESMA before resuming duty.
Dr Ashok, who led the delegation last night, was not
available for comments.
On the other hand, in-service government doctors
continued their strike and deadlock between them and the
government continued for the 8th consecutive day today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'