Plea dismissed in Dara Singh fake encounter case
Jaipur: A petition moved by jailed MLA Rajendra Rathore challenging his custody in a fake encounter case was Wednesday rejected by a local court here.
District and Session Judge P C Jain rejected the application. After hearing the final arguments on the application on May 10, the court had reserved judgement for today.
The court also extended his judicial custody till May 19.
In the application, Rathore had said that his detention in the case was illegal as there were no grounds for his detention so it should be cancelled.
Rathore, a former BJP minister, was arrested by the CBI on April 5 in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case of October 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand