Plea dismissed in Dara Singh fake encounter case
Jaipur: A petition moved by jailed MLA Rajendra Rathore challenging his custody in a fake encounter case was Wednesday rejected by a local court here.
District and Session Judge P C Jain rejected the application. After hearing the final arguments on the application on May 10, the court had reserved judgement for today.
The court also extended his judicial custody till May 19.
In the application, Rathore had said that his detention in the case was illegal as there were no grounds for his detention so it should be cancelled.
Rathore, a former BJP minister, was arrested by the CBI on April 5 in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case of October 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Biopic on Kishore Kumar, RD Burman shouldn't be made: Naseeruddin Shah
- Samsung Electronics says Galaxy Note 7 demand beats supply
- Tesla unveils 100 kWh battery for Model S, Model X cars
- Oh no! After Saina Nehwal, Parupalli Kashyap leaves Pullela Gopichand's academy in Hyderabad
- Samsung, Tencent surge in race to become Asia's most valuable firm