Plea dismissed in Dara Singh fake encounter case
Jaipur: A petition moved by jailed MLA Rajendra Rathore challenging his custody in a fake encounter case was Wednesday rejected by a local court here.
District and Session Judge P C Jain rejected the application. After hearing the final arguments on the application on May 10, the court had reserved judgement for today.
The court also extended his judicial custody till May 19.
In the application, Rathore had said that his detention in the case was illegal as there were no grounds for his detention so it should be cancelled.
Rathore, a former BJP minister, was arrested by the CBI on April 5 in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case of October 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- What Diljit Dosanjh said about 'Phillauri' co-star Anushka Sharma will melt your heart! - Read here
- DDA's next housing scheme could be completely online
- Now tune into popular FM radio stations on trains with Rail Radio Service
- MCI could be dead; new body may nurse medical education in India
- G20 nations warn of Brexit risk to global growth