Plea dismissed in Dara Singh fake encounter case
Jaipur: A petition moved by jailed MLA Rajendra Rathore challenging his custody in a fake encounter case was Wednesday rejected by a local court here.
District and Session Judge P C Jain rejected the application. After hearing the final arguments on the application on May 10, the court had reserved judgement for today.
The court also extended his judicial custody till May 19.
In the application, Rathore had said that his detention in the case was illegal as there were no grounds for his detention so it should be cancelled.
Rathore, a former BJP minister, was arrested by the CBI on April 5 in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case of October 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble