Plea dismissed in Dara Singh fake encounter case
Jaipur: A petition moved by jailed MLA Rajendra Rathore challenging his custody in a fake encounter case was Wednesday rejected by a local court here.
District and Session Judge P C Jain rejected the application. After hearing the final arguments on the application on May 10, the court had reserved judgement for today.
The court also extended his judicial custody till May 19.
In the application, Rathore had said that his detention in the case was illegal as there were no grounds for his detention so it should be cancelled.
Rathore, a former BJP minister, was arrested by the CBI on April 5 in connection with the Dara Singh fake encounter case of October 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice