1st commercial cargo run to space station April 30
Cape Canaveral, Fla.: The International Space Station should be getting its first commercial cargo shipment in early May.
Space Exploration Technologies Corp., better known as SpaceX, plans to launch its Dragon capsule from Cape Canaveral on April 30. The Dragon will take a few days to get to the space station.
The launch was delayed from February for additional testing.
It will be the first time a private company launches space station supplies. It will also be the first US delivery since NASA`s space shuttles stopped flying last year. Unmanned cargo ships from Russia, Europe and Japan are filling the void.
The billionaire founder of SpaceX, Elon Musk, wants to provide rides to the space station for American astronauts in the next few years. NASA astronauts currently are hitching rides on Russian vessels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India