Scientists probe meteor link to Argentina explosion
Buenos Aires: Scientists said Tuesday that a meteor crashing to earth could explain reports of an explosion in the Argentine countryside some 350 kilometers (250 miles) northwest of Buenos Aires.
The loud boom was reported at 10 am (1300 GMT) in Argentina`s central-eastern province of Santa Fe.
"It`s possible it was a meteor," said Andrea Clerici of the Buenos Aires Planetarium, speaking to local television.
Authorities have not yet found any meteor fragments, but "it is possible that the orb disintegrated in the air," astronomer Jorge Coghlan of the Santa Fe Astronomical Observatory told local radio.
Residents in the area who reported hearing a loud explosion Tuesday said that the ground and also buildings shook.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state