Fake woman MLA enters UP Assembly campus
Lucknow: The security of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly was compromised on Tuesday when a woman claiming to be a MLA managed to enter the complex.
The woman, identified as one Sarita Jaiswal from Kanpur, entered the Assembly complex in a car. However, when security personnel found her loitering around and got suspicious, they confronted her. The woman then told them that she was a close relative of a minister.
With different accounts coming from the lady, the police detained her and are currently questioning her.
Reports said the same woman was seen roaming around the state Congress party’s meeting meet recently.
While the woman has been detained, the entire episode has put a big question mark on the alertness of the security staff stationed at the temple of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'