Fake woman MLA enters UP Assembly campus
Lucknow: The security of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly was compromised on Tuesday when a woman claiming to be a MLA managed to enter the complex.
The woman, identified as one Sarita Jaiswal from Kanpur, entered the Assembly complex in a car. However, when security personnel found her loitering around and got suspicious, they confronted her. The woman then told them that she was a close relative of a minister.
With different accounts coming from the lady, the police detained her and are currently questioning her.
Reports said the same woman was seen roaming around the state Congress party’s meeting meet recently.
While the woman has been detained, the entire episode has put a big question mark on the alertness of the security staff stationed at the temple of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1