Fake woman MLA enters UP Assembly campus
Lucknow: The security of the Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly was compromised on Tuesday when a woman claiming to be a MLA managed to enter the complex.
The woman, identified as one Sarita Jaiswal from Kanpur, entered the Assembly complex in a car. However, when security personnel found her loitering around and got suspicious, they confronted her. The woman then told them that she was a close relative of a minister.
With different accounts coming from the lady, the police detained her and are currently questioning her.
Reports said the same woman was seen roaming around the state Congress party’s meeting meet recently.
While the woman has been detained, the entire episode has put a big question mark on the alertness of the security staff stationed at the temple of democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress