After Tagore, special train for Bankim Chandra
New Delhi: Indian Railways will commemorate the 175th birth anniversary of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay by setting up a coaching terminal at his native place in West Bengal, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi announced in Rail Budget 2012-13.
“Next year will be the 175th Birth Anniversary of one of the greatest patriotic sons of India, Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who gave the country “Vande Matram”. In his memory, I propose to set up a coaching terminal to be named after him at Naihati, his birthplace, and also a museum,” Trivedi said.
“We will run a special train across the country to disseminate his legacy to the young generation,’ he added.
During Mamata Banerjee’s tenure as rail minister, a special train of -Sanskriti Express- was run to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!
- Salaries to go up 10.7%, star performers to gain handsomely: Study
- Nico Hulkenberg brings one point for Force India from Hungry
- AFI asks IAAF for Olympics wild card for javelin prodigy Neeraj Chopra