After Tagore, special train for Bankim Chandra
New Delhi: Indian Railways will commemorate the 175th birth anniversary of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay by setting up a coaching terminal at his native place in West Bengal, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi announced in Rail Budget 2012-13.
“Next year will be the 175th Birth Anniversary of one of the greatest patriotic sons of India, Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who gave the country “Vande Matram”. In his memory, I propose to set up a coaching terminal to be named after him at Naihati, his birthplace, and also a museum,” Trivedi said.
“We will run a special train across the country to disseminate his legacy to the young generation,’ he added.
During Mamata Banerjee’s tenure as rail minister, a special train of -Sanskriti Express- was run to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference