After Tagore, special train for Bankim Chandra
New Delhi: Indian Railways will commemorate the 175th birth anniversary of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay by setting up a coaching terminal at his native place in West Bengal, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi announced in Rail Budget 2012-13.
“Next year will be the 175th Birth Anniversary of one of the greatest patriotic sons of India, Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who gave the country “Vande Matram”. In his memory, I propose to set up a coaching terminal to be named after him at Naihati, his birthplace, and also a museum,” Trivedi said.
“We will run a special train across the country to disseminate his legacy to the young generation,’ he added.
During Mamata Banerjee’s tenure as rail minister, a special train of -Sanskriti Express- was run to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security