After Tagore, special train for Bankim Chandra
New Delhi: Indian Railways will commemorate the 175th birth anniversary of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay by setting up a coaching terminal at his native place in West Bengal, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi announced in Rail Budget 2012-13.
“Next year will be the 175th Birth Anniversary of one of the greatest patriotic sons of India, Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who gave the country “Vande Matram”. In his memory, I propose to set up a coaching terminal to be named after him at Naihati, his birthplace, and also a museum,” Trivedi said.
“We will run a special train across the country to disseminate his legacy to the young generation,’ he added.
During Mamata Banerjee’s tenure as rail minister, a special train of -Sanskriti Express- was run to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional