After Tagore, special train for Bankim Chandra
New Delhi: Indian Railways will commemorate the 175th birth anniversary of Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay by setting up a coaching terminal at his native place in West Bengal, Railway Minister Dinesh Trivedi announced in Rail Budget 2012-13.
“Next year will be the 175th Birth Anniversary of one of the greatest patriotic sons of India, Rishi Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay, who gave the country “Vande Matram”. In his memory, I propose to set up a coaching terminal to be named after him at Naihati, his birthplace, and also a museum,” Trivedi said.
“We will run a special train across the country to disseminate his legacy to the young generation,’ he added.
During Mamata Banerjee’s tenure as rail minister, a special train of -Sanskriti Express- was run to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi