Japan, US to deploy drone to monitor North Korea?
Tokyo: Japan and the United States might deploy a high-altitude reconnaissance drone called the `Global Hawk` at Misawa Air Base in Aomori Prefecture to increase surveillance of North Korea, according to sources.
According to Japan Times, the US Global Hawk, which is equipped with sophisticated cameras and sensitive communications capabilities, can fly at about 18,000 meters, roughly twice as high as commercial aircraft, for more than 30 hours on autopilot. It does not carry any weapons.
Misawa Air Base is just one of several possible deployment locations for the drone, the sources said.hile the Japan -based drone plan would allow Tokyo and Washington to observe North Korea more frequently, some in the US Defense Department have voiced apprehension about the cost involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Markandey Katju lambasts Umar Khalid over Burhan Wani, Azadi for Kashmir demand – Know what he said
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar