Japan, US to deploy drone to monitor North Korea?
Tokyo: Japan and the United States might deploy a high-altitude reconnaissance drone called the `Global Hawk` at Misawa Air Base in Aomori Prefecture to increase surveillance of North Korea, according to sources.
According to Japan Times, the US Global Hawk, which is equipped with sophisticated cameras and sensitive communications capabilities, can fly at about 18,000 meters, roughly twice as high as commercial aircraft, for more than 30 hours on autopilot. It does not carry any weapons.
Misawa Air Base is just one of several possible deployment locations for the drone, the sources said.hile the Japan -based drone plan would allow Tokyo and Washington to observe North Korea more frequently, some in the US Defense Department have voiced apprehension about the cost involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?