Japan, US to deploy drone to monitor North Korea?
Tokyo: Japan and the United States might deploy a high-altitude reconnaissance drone called the `Global Hawk` at Misawa Air Base in Aomori Prefecture to increase surveillance of North Korea, according to sources.
According to Japan Times, the US Global Hawk, which is equipped with sophisticated cameras and sensitive communications capabilities, can fly at about 18,000 meters, roughly twice as high as commercial aircraft, for more than 30 hours on autopilot. It does not carry any weapons.
Misawa Air Base is just one of several possible deployment locations for the drone, the sources said.hile the Japan -based drone plan would allow Tokyo and Washington to observe North Korea more frequently, some in the US Defense Department have voiced apprehension about the cost involved.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended