Japan, US to deploy drone to monitor North Korea?
Tokyo: Japan and the United States might deploy a high-altitude reconnaissance drone called the `Global Hawk` at Misawa Air Base in Aomori Prefecture to increase surveillance of North Korea, according to sources.
According to Japan Times, the US Global Hawk, which is equipped with sophisticated cameras and sensitive communications capabilities, can fly at about 18,000 meters, roughly twice as high as commercial aircraft, for more than 30 hours on autopilot. It does not carry any weapons.
Misawa Air Base is just one of several possible deployment locations for the drone, the sources said.hile the Japan -based drone plan would allow Tokyo and Washington to observe North Korea more frequently, some in the US Defense Department have voiced apprehension about the cost involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog