Japan, US to deploy drone to monitor North Korea?
Tokyo: Japan and the United States might deploy a high-altitude reconnaissance drone called the `Global Hawk` at Misawa Air Base in Aomori Prefecture to increase surveillance of North Korea, according to sources.
According to Japan Times, the US Global Hawk, which is equipped with sophisticated cameras and sensitive communications capabilities, can fly at about 18,000 meters, roughly twice as high as commercial aircraft, for more than 30 hours on autopilot. It does not carry any weapons.
Misawa Air Base is just one of several possible deployment locations for the drone, the sources said.hile the Japan -based drone plan would allow Tokyo and Washington to observe North Korea more frequently, some in the US Defense Department have voiced apprehension about the cost involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Manohar Parrikar asks Navy Chief to probe Scorpene-class submarines documents leak
- It's Official! LG V20 to be world’s first phone with Android 7.0 Nougat
- Is marriage on the cards for Nargis Fakhri? READ full story
- Sensex regains 28K level, up 118 points in early trade
- Sepp Blatter in last fight against six-year FIFA ban