Rome basilica vandalized, bronze door damaged
Rome: Vandals have made a fist-sized hole in
the bronze central door of one of Rome`s main basilicas, St.
The damage, seemingly made by a small-tipped hammer or
rock, was discovered today morning on a panel of the door
depicting the angel Gabriel appearing to Mary.
The ANSA news agency said the presumed vandal had been
The basilica, which dates from the 5th century, is one of
four in Rome that are under the direct jurisdiction of the
According to legend, Mary appeared to Pope Liberius in
August 358 and directed him to build a church where he would
find snow in the morning; the miraculous snowfall is
commemorated each on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply