Rome basilica vandalized, bronze door damaged
Rome: Vandals have made a fist-sized hole in
the bronze central door of one of Rome`s main basilicas, St.
The damage, seemingly made by a small-tipped hammer or
rock, was discovered today morning on a panel of the door
depicting the angel Gabriel appearing to Mary.
The ANSA news agency said the presumed vandal had been
The basilica, which dates from the 5th century, is one of
four in Rome that are under the direct jurisdiction of the
According to legend, Mary appeared to Pope Liberius in
August 358 and directed him to build a church where he would
find snow in the morning; the miraculous snowfall is
commemorated each on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi