Rome basilica vandalized, bronze door damaged
Rome: Vandals have made a fist-sized hole in
the bronze central door of one of Rome`s main basilicas, St.
The damage, seemingly made by a small-tipped hammer or
rock, was discovered today morning on a panel of the door
depicting the angel Gabriel appearing to Mary.
The ANSA news agency said the presumed vandal had been
The basilica, which dates from the 5th century, is one of
four in Rome that are under the direct jurisdiction of the
According to legend, Mary appeared to Pope Liberius in
August 358 and directed him to build a church where he would
find snow in the morning; the miraculous snowfall is
commemorated each on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player