Rome basilica vandalized, bronze door damaged
Rome: Vandals have made a fist-sized hole in
the bronze central door of one of Rome`s main basilicas, St.
The damage, seemingly made by a small-tipped hammer or
rock, was discovered today morning on a panel of the door
depicting the angel Gabriel appearing to Mary.
The ANSA news agency said the presumed vandal had been
The basilica, which dates from the 5th century, is one of
four in Rome that are under the direct jurisdiction of the
According to legend, Mary appeared to Pope Liberius in
August 358 and directed him to build a church where he would
find snow in the morning; the miraculous snowfall is
commemorated each on August 5.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar