US counterterror adviser pledges support for Yemen
Sana’a: Yemen`s state news agency says the US administration`s top counterterrorism adviser has pledged Washington`s support for the country`s new President after upcoming elections.
SABA says John Brennan met on Saturday with Vice President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi in Sana’a to discuss next week`s presidential vote.
Hadi is the only candidate on Tuesday`s ballot, according to a deal between the opposition and longtime President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The US supported the Gulf-brokered agreement that pressured Saleh to transfer power to Hadi, ending Saleh`s nearly 34-year rule amid mass anti-government protests.
Yemen`s state news agency also reported on Saturday that Brennan pledged continued US assistance to Yemen in its fight against an active al Qaeda branch based in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco