US counterterror adviser pledges support for Yemen
Sana’a: Yemen`s state news agency says the US administration`s top counterterrorism adviser has pledged Washington`s support for the country`s new President after upcoming elections.
SABA says John Brennan met on Saturday with Vice President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi in Sana’a to discuss next week`s presidential vote.
Hadi is the only candidate on Tuesday`s ballot, according to a deal between the opposition and longtime President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The US supported the Gulf-brokered agreement that pressured Saleh to transfer power to Hadi, ending Saleh`s nearly 34-year rule amid mass anti-government protests.
Yemen`s state news agency also reported on Saturday that Brennan pledged continued US assistance to Yemen in its fight against an active al Qaeda branch based in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof