US counterterror adviser pledges support for Yemen
Sana’a: Yemen`s state news agency says the US administration`s top counterterrorism adviser has pledged Washington`s support for the country`s new President after upcoming elections.
SABA says John Brennan met on Saturday with Vice President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi in Sana’a to discuss next week`s presidential vote.
Hadi is the only candidate on Tuesday`s ballot, according to a deal between the opposition and longtime President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The US supported the Gulf-brokered agreement that pressured Saleh to transfer power to Hadi, ending Saleh`s nearly 34-year rule amid mass anti-government protests.
Yemen`s state news agency also reported on Saturday that Brennan pledged continued US assistance to Yemen in its fight against an active al Qaeda branch based in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement