US counterterror adviser pledges support for Yemen
Sana’a: Yemen`s state news agency says the US administration`s top counterterrorism adviser has pledged Washington`s support for the country`s new President after upcoming elections.
SABA says John Brennan met on Saturday with Vice President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi in Sana’a to discuss next week`s presidential vote.
Hadi is the only candidate on Tuesday`s ballot, according to a deal between the opposition and longtime President Ali Abdullah Saleh.
The US supported the Gulf-brokered agreement that pressured Saleh to transfer power to Hadi, ending Saleh`s nearly 34-year rule amid mass anti-government protests.
Yemen`s state news agency also reported on Saturday that Brennan pledged continued US assistance to Yemen in its fight against an active al Qaeda branch based in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert