India schedule on Day 3 at 2014 Commonwealth Games
Zee Media Bureau/Jayanta Oinam
New Delhi: Day 3 of the 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games will feature 15 sports with events with 30 gold medals at stake. Indian athletes will feature in nine sports – badminton, boxing, cycling, hockey, judo, lawn bowls, shooting, table tennis and weightlifting.
Indian shooters will look to increase the medal count with Prakash Nanjappa and Om Prakash entering the fray in the men`s 10m Air Pistol event, for which the finals are scheduled for 16:30 IST. In the women`s Air Rifle event, India have entered Apurvi Chandela and Ayonika Paul. The finals of this event is scheduled for 19:30 IST.
Day 3 will see another hectic schedule of judo, with higher weight competitions commencing, and there will be as many as five Indians featuring in the respective weight categories. In boxing, strong medal contenders – Vijender in middle-weight and Manoj Kumar in light welter will start their campaign today.
Besides, men`s hockey team will play their second match of the competition against hosts Scotland in their Pool A fixture. In the first match, India defeated Wales 3-1. In cycling, three Indian women cyclists will take part in the sprint, while three men cyclists will be in 1000m time trial prelims.
The quarter-finals of the badminton Mixed Team event will start later in the evening and the Indian team is expected to win their fixture. Women's table tennis team play their quarter-final match against New Zealand.
Following is the schedule of India (with tentative timings) on the third day of the Games Saturday.
15:15 IST: Men`s Light Welter (64kg) Round of 32 – Manoj Kumar vs M Les Moshoeshoe.
Men`s Middleweight (75kg) Round of 32 – Vijender vs Andrew Kometa (KIR).
15:30 IST: Women's Sprint Qualifying- Deborah, Kezia Vargheese and Mahitha Mohan.
21:42 IST: Men's 1000m time trial- Alan Baby, Amrit Singh and Amarjit Nagi.
20:30 IST 16:00: Men`s Preliminary Match India vs Scotland.
13.30 IST: Men`s 90kg Preliminary Round of 16 – Avtar Singh vs Matthew Purssey (SCO)
Men`s 100kg Preliminary Round of 16 – Sahil Pathania vs Raymond Normeshie (GHA)
Men`s +100kg Preliminary Round of 16 – Parikshit Kumar vs Abdul Razak (MAS).
14:15 IST: Women`s 78kg Quarter-final – Jina Chongtham vs Al Portuondo (CAN).
Women`s +78kg Quarter-final – Rajwinder Kaul vs Jodie Myers (ENG).
15:15 IST: Women`s Fours – Section B, Rd 5 India vs Northern Ireland.
13:15 IST: 10m Air Pistol Men`s Qualification – Prakash Nanjappa and Om Prakash.
13:30 IST: 25m Pistol Women`s Qualification Precision – Rahi Sarnobat and Anisa Sayyed.
13:30 IST: Men's Skeet Qualification Day 2 - Mairaj Khan, Baba Bedi.
14:15 IST: 10m Air Rifle Women`s Qualification – Apurvi Chandela and Ayonika Paul.
14:00 IST: Women's Team Quarterfinal - India vs New Zealand.
23:00 IST: Men's Team Quarterfinal - India vs Scotland.
14:30 IST: Men's 69kg - Omkar Otari.
17:00 IST: Women's 58kg - Meena Kumari.
17:00 IST: Women's 63kg - Punam Yadav and Vandna Gupta.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok