`Battle-hardened` Harris confident of staying in England for complete Ashes series
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris has said that he will be staying for all the five Ashes Tests.
The battle-hardened Harris will make his return from an Achilles injury for Australia A in Friday`s three-day tour match against Gloucestershire in Bristol, and is set to take revenge against England in the Ashes.
Although Harris has only managed back-to-back Tests in a series once throughout his injury-plagued career, he has promised not to put his country at risk and said that he is here in England to play in all the five Tests.
However, Harris said that he is not planning on pacing himself and admitted that he does not know whether he would be able to play in all the five Tests despite his confidence, although he added that he would assess his fitness after each Test if and when he plays.
According to Harris, he is at this moment just looking forward to playing in the first Ashes Test and will be worrying about missing the others after that, although he added that if he manages to play three Tests, and his team is 3-0 up, it would also be satisfying for him.
Harris further said that a crucial foot injury while bowling during the 2010-11 Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, which proved a pivotal nail in Australia`s coffin, with England winning the series 3-1, has driven him to battle through his array of medical setbacks and self-doubts for another shot at England.
Stating that he always had regrets about being responsible for Australia`s loss in the 2010-11 Ashes, Harris said that he wants to get back in the squad to snatch away the urn from their old rivals and also redeem himself in a way, after which he would reassess his career.
Harris has been building his work rate up solidly in the nets for Australia A, and despite being hampered by soreness every day, he said that he is confident that he will be right for the first Test at Trent Bridge starting on July 10.
Australia may need to be strategic about when they utilise such a brilliant but cursed bowler, who shapes as their No.1 strike weapon with his swing and speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow