`Battle-hardened` Harris confident of staying in England for complete Ashes series
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Ryan Harris has said that he will be staying for all the five Ashes Tests.
The battle-hardened Harris will make his return from an Achilles injury for Australia A in Friday`s three-day tour match against Gloucestershire in Bristol, and is set to take revenge against England in the Ashes.
Although Harris has only managed back-to-back Tests in a series once throughout his injury-plagued career, he has promised not to put his country at risk and said that he is here in England to play in all the five Tests.
However, Harris said that he is not planning on pacing himself and admitted that he does not know whether he would be able to play in all the five Tests despite his confidence, although he added that he would assess his fitness after each Test if and when he plays.
According to Harris, he is at this moment just looking forward to playing in the first Ashes Test and will be worrying about missing the others after that, although he added that if he manages to play three Tests, and his team is 3-0 up, it would also be satisfying for him.
Harris further said that a crucial foot injury while bowling during the 2010-11 Ashes Test at the Melbourne Cricket Ground, which proved a pivotal nail in Australia`s coffin, with England winning the series 3-1, has driven him to battle through his array of medical setbacks and self-doubts for another shot at England.
Stating that he always had regrets about being responsible for Australia`s loss in the 2010-11 Ashes, Harris said that he wants to get back in the squad to snatch away the urn from their old rivals and also redeem himself in a way, after which he would reassess his career.
Harris has been building his work rate up solidly in the nets for Australia A, and despite being hampered by soreness every day, he said that he is confident that he will be right for the first Test at Trent Bridge starting on July 10.
Australia may need to be strategic about when they utilise such a brilliant but cursed bowler, who shapes as their No.1 strike weapon with his swing and speed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery