Demba Ba left with mixed feelings after Chelsea winner
Paris: Demba Ba admitted to somewhat mixed feelings after coming off the bench to score the goal that took Chelsea into the Champions League semi-finals at Paris Saint-Germain`s expense on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old came on for Frank Lampard midway through the second half and bundled the ball into the net three minutes from time to give Chelsea a 2-0 win on the night and take them into the last four on away goals as the tie finished 3-3 on aggregate.
It was a huge boost for a player who has been out of favour for much of this season at Stamford Bridge but it was also a strange feeling for Ba to eliminate PSG - Ba was born in Sevres in the Paris suburbs and is a fan of the French capital club.
"I am very happy for me, the club and my family too. I don`t know if the goal has any special significance, other than the fact that we are in the semi-finals," he told French television.
"It was a bit tough seeing Paris with their heads down at the end. Since I`ve supported them, there have only been two times that I`ve wanted PSG to lose - last week and today," he added.
Ba, who is a Senegalese internationalist, has never played senior football in France. He had spells in Belgium and Germany before first moving to England in 2011 to join West Ham United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India