Demba Ba left with mixed feelings after Chelsea winner
Paris: Demba Ba admitted to somewhat mixed feelings after coming off the bench to score the goal that took Chelsea into the Champions League semi-finals at Paris Saint-Germain`s expense on Tuesday.
The 28-year-old came on for Frank Lampard midway through the second half and bundled the ball into the net three minutes from time to give Chelsea a 2-0 win on the night and take them into the last four on away goals as the tie finished 3-3 on aggregate.
It was a huge boost for a player who has been out of favour for much of this season at Stamford Bridge but it was also a strange feeling for Ba to eliminate PSG - Ba was born in Sevres in the Paris suburbs and is a fan of the French capital club.
"I am very happy for me, the club and my family too. I don`t know if the goal has any special significance, other than the fact that we are in the semi-finals," he told French television.
"It was a bit tough seeing Paris with their heads down at the end. Since I`ve supported them, there have only been two times that I`ve wanted PSG to lose - last week and today," he added.
Ba, who is a Senegalese internationalist, has never played senior football in France. He had spells in Belgium and Germany before first moving to England in 2011 to join West Ham United.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- PM Modi calls for protection of environment on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- At least 13 dead in Vietnam bus smash
- Sonakshi Sinha does not believe in gender discrimination!
- SALUTE! This boy from UP's Mainpuri has no arms but secured 71.8% in 10th board exams - WATCH interview
- Now pay your medical insurance premium in EMIs