Everton lose Deulofeu until 2014
London: Everton will be without on-loan Barcelona starlet Gerard Deulofeu until the new year due to a hamstring injury, the Premier League club revealed on Monday.
The 19-year-old Spanish forward suffered the injury during his side`s 4-1 win over Fulham on Saturday.
Deulofeu has been one of Everton`s most impressive performers in recent weeks, scoring in the 4-0 win over Stoke City and the 1-1 draw at Arsenal as Roberto Martinez`s side climbed up to fifth.
"Everton are set to be without the services of Gerard Deulofeu until the new year," read a statement on the club website.
"Scans have now shown the extent of the soft tissue injury in his right hamstring, which is likely to keep him out for a few weeks."
Everton face Swansea City, Sunderland and Southampton in the league over the Christmas period, before visiting Stoke on New Year`s Day.
They play second-tier Queens Park Rangers in the FA Cup on January 4 and tackle Norwich City in the league on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar