Mancini hails `incredible` Manchester City title win
London: Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini described his side`s unbelievable victory over QPR as "incredible" after the club secured their first league title in 44 years.
City scored twice in added time to come back from 2-1 down at the Etihad Stadium and claim their first ever Premier League title on goal difference from rivals Manchester United, who beat Sunderland 1-0.
Mancini could barely contain his emotions in the game`s frantic final few minutes, and after the match he told Sky Sports: "Football is incredible.
"This is for our supporters, they deserved this.
"To win like this is incredible. I`ve never seen a final day like this. We didn`t deserve to lose this game. We had a lot of chances. We deserve to win this championship.
"After 44 years, for all our supporters it`s incredible. It`s been a crazy season."
Speaking to BBC`s Final Score, he added: "I think that this was a great performance.
"It’s difficult, three minutes from the end we were 2-1 down and one minute we scored two goals. We wanted this title and we deserved to win this title.
"This is for all our supporters, for all our supporterss in Abu Dhabi, for the chairman, for the owner.
"It’s difficult to say what my feelings were [at 2-1 down] I thought we could score two goals. I think this is the perfect final for a crazy season.
"We beat United twice in one season, we deserved to win."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen