Ecclestone praises Malaysian GP authorities for good showing
Kuala Lumpur: Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone has lauded the Malaysian Grand Prix authorities for doing a good job ahead of the second race of the season on Sunday.
Ecclestone said they do a very, very good job and it is a good circuit he thinks, adding there are no dramas and all the people are very nice and good to deal with.
Ecclestone was commenting on Malaysia playing host to Formula One races since 1999.
However, the Formula One Management and Formula One Administration president and CEO also said the Sepang International Circuit (SIC) still needed a paint job.
Commenting on the current refurbishment, Ecclestone said they need to finish what they started, adding it is obviously not the same as Singapore, maybe because they don`t spend the money.
The F1 supremo had given a scathing review to the SIC a few years ago when he was quoted as saying that it looked shabby and needed a facelift, and he had also warned that the state of the facilities would affect Malaysia`s reputation if it was not improved.
On whether the Malaysian leg of the racing calendar could be extended beyond 2015, Ecclestone said of course as long as they want them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe