Ecclestone praises Malaysian GP authorities for good showing
Kuala Lumpur: Formula One chief Bernie Ecclestone has lauded the Malaysian Grand Prix authorities for doing a good job ahead of the second race of the season on Sunday.
Ecclestone said they do a very, very good job and it is a good circuit he thinks, adding there are no dramas and all the people are very nice and good to deal with.
Ecclestone was commenting on Malaysia playing host to Formula One races since 1999.
However, the Formula One Management and Formula One Administration president and CEO also said the Sepang International Circuit (SIC) still needed a paint job.
Commenting on the current refurbishment, Ecclestone said they need to finish what they started, adding it is obviously not the same as Singapore, maybe because they don`t spend the money.
The F1 supremo had given a scathing review to the SIC a few years ago when he was quoted as saying that it looked shabby and needed a facelift, and he had also warned that the state of the facilities would affect Malaysia`s reputation if it was not improved.
On whether the Malaysian leg of the racing calendar could be extended beyond 2015, Ecclestone said of course as long as they want them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened