Hamilton gets `same engine boost` ahead of Malaysia GP
London: Mercedes racer Lewis Hamilton`s Malaysia Grand Prix title hopes have reportedly received a boost after his disappointing Melbourne engine failure as he will not have to replace his engine.
The formula one racer, who is preparing for the upcoming Malaysia Grand Prix on Sunday, has reportedly revealed that he will not have to replace the V6 turbo engine in his car for Sepang.
According to the Mirror, keeping the same engine would be a priceless boost for Hamilton as he will not have used up one of only five power units the drivers are allowed for the season under the new eco formula.
Hamilton, who was hopeful of the Australian race to be his launch pad as championship favourite, was told by Mercedes team to switch off the engine on the first lap and having to replace it after just one race could reportedly have had dire consequences later in the season.
Hamilton said that his engineers were still investigating the engine but they have found that something went wrong with the wiring to the engine just as he left the garage adding that there was nothing they could do to avoid it and fortunately they did stop at the right time.
Hamilton has never won a race in Malaysia, which is one of formula one`s toughest races in which cockpit temperatures reach 50 degrees, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant